Multi-switch Daisy-Chain?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedirtmerchant

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
So I got a new receiver (HR21) and a new multiswitch put in (one of the WB...I think Wide Band?). They left me my old multiswitch.
The receiver they replaced was my old HR10-250 Tivo HD-DVR (which I kept). All the outputs on the new multiswitch are in use (8). I'm wondering if I can run 4 lines out of the new multiswitch (6x8) into my old multiswitch (6x8) and thus get 4 extra lines of D* signal (to use into my HR10-250).

It was mentioned by my installer that with the old multiswitches you could not daisy chain them (connect two old ones) because the signal would be lost through the second one. I didn't realize he left me the old multiswitch and didn't get to ask if it was the same issue if running through a new WB multiswitch into an old one?

Anyone know the answer to this?

So I got a new receiver (HR21) and a new multiswitch put in (one of the WB...I think Wide Band?). They left me my old multiswitch.
The receiver they replaced was my old HR10-250 Tivo HD-DVR (which I kept). All the outputs on the new multiswitch are in use (8). I'm wondering if I can run 4 lines out of the new multiswitch (6x8) into my old multiswitch (6x8) and thus get 4 extra lines of D* signal (to use into my HR10-250).

It was mentioned by my installer that with the old multiswitches you could not daisy chain them (connect two old ones) because the signal would be lost through the second one. I didn't realize he left me the old multiswitch and didn't get to ask if it was the same issue if running through a new WB multiswitch into an old one?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Usually if you need more than 8 lines they will provide you with a second multiswitch and install it for you.

What do you have for receivers? The old non WB multiswitches won't pass MPEG4 HDTV signals off 99 & 103.

Usually if you need more than 8 lines they will provide you with a second multiswitch and install it for you.

I had asked about that. I only have 3 dual tuner HD-DVR's and one single tuner normal STB. I called and was told they would only give me an additional multi-switch if I had more than 8 lines "in-use".

What do you have for receivers? The old non WB multiswitches won't pass MPEG4 HDTV signals off 99 & 103.

I just want to run 2 additional lines to my "old" HR10-250.

Based on what you are saying I can't decode the MPEG4 on the HR10 anyway, so seems like I'm in luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)