Multi-Tuner, Multi-Switch confusion.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jabba

Original poster
May 12, 2004
Texas
My current set-up is as follows:
I'm a DirecTv subscriber.
I have a Dual LNB 18" oval dish.
One cable feeds into a bedroom receiver and the other cable feeds a living room receiver.
I want to replace the living room receiver with a dual tuner DSS receiver with Tivo.
Can I just attach the single living room feed to a multi-switcher and then attach two outputs from the muti-switcher to each of the tuners on the multi-tuner DSS unit?
Thank you.

What you have is an 18" round dish with a dual LNB.You have to run both wires from the dish into the multi switch then you will have 4 outputs that you can use to run to your receivers.Look at skywalker.com for the switch USERNAME:sw PASSWORD:2savemore.

I understand what you've said.
I just wish there was a way around having to run two seperate lines of coax in order to take advantage of a dual tuner receiver :(

Jabba said:
I understand what you've said.
I just wish there was a way around having to run two seperate lines of coax in order to take advantage of a dual tuner receiver :(

There is but it's a little on the expensive side. It involves a stacker/destacker system.

Neutron said:
There is but it's a little on the expensive side. It involves a stacker/destacker system.
Well that's interesting. Stacker/Destacker
Money will be the last thing on my mind after I've tried feeding a new RG6 coax using fish tape or I've tried pulling through a dual line of RG6 coax using my existing single line as fish tape.
Either way I better get this done before the 100 degree temps hit!
Thanks for the added option Neutron.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts