Please reply by conversation.

Jabba

Original poster
May 12, 2004
Texas
My current set-up is as follows:
I'm a DirecTv subscriber.
I have a Dual LNB 18" oval dish.
One cable feeds into a bedroom receiver and the other cable feeds a living room receiver.
I want to replace the living room receiver with a dual tuner DSS receiver with Tivo.
Can I just attach the single living room feed to a multi-switcher and then attach two outputs from the muti-switcher to each of the tuners on the multi-tuner DSS unit?
Thank you.

What you have is an 18" round dish with a dual LNB.You have to run both wires from the dish into the multi switch then you will have 4 outputs that you can use to run to your receivers.Look at skywalker.com for the switch USERNAME:sw PASSWORD:2savemore.

I understand what you've said.
I just wish there was a way around having to run two seperate lines of coax in order to take advantage of a dual tuner receiver :(

Jabba said:
I understand what you've said.
I just wish there was a way around having to run two seperate lines of coax in order to take advantage of a dual tuner receiver :(

There is but it's a little on the expensive side. It involves a stacker/destacker system.

Neutron said:
There is but it's a little on the expensive side. It involves a stacker/destacker system.
Well that's interesting. Stacker/Destacker
Money will be the last thing on my mind after I've tried feeding a new RG6 coax using fish tape or I've tried pulling through a dual line of RG6 coax using my existing single line as fish tape.
Either way I better get this done before the 100 degree temps hit!
Thanks for the added option Neutron.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)