Multiple #2 UHF remotes?

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I have a 722 which I run in single mode with two 6.3 UHF remotes. One has the green #1 UHF chip the second has a blue #2 UHF chip. I would like to add a another 6.3 #2 UHF remote for a third location. Is this possible? Do I need to do anything special to make this work?

(Sorry if this is a simple question but I couldn't find anything in the archives)

Thanks!

As long as the remotes are set to the same UHF remote address as the receiver, you can have as many as you want. I have one receiver that I use with 4 remotes set for it.

I have 2 remotes to operate TV 2. I just ordered the new learning remote from Dish as I need to control a vcr/dvd combo unit in the room where TV2 is located. I have been assured that the learning remote can control both UHF and IR devices. Also, the buttons are back lit for nighttime use. My wife and I have an understanding on this remote stuff. We don't touch each others remotes.. :) I also extend that rule to my 2 kids since one will throw it around and I have had more then one prior remote jammed up with PB and J fingers by my other daughter. BTW, any suggestions about how to keep the remote buttons clean? I am very hard on remotes myself due to having acidic skin oils which wears the print off the keys very quickly. I haave seen such a product used for computer keyboards in the past to protect the keys. TIA, Gary

Last edited:
I just ordered the new learning remote from Dish as I need to control a vcr/dvd combo unit in the room where TV2 is located. I have been assured that the learning remote can control both UHF and IR devices. Also, the buttons are back lit for nighttime use.

Can you do a short review with a picture when you receive the remote?

I have not seen any other indication that the remotes were available yet - for example, DishStore.net does not list them.

Just chiming in that it should work fine. When I sold my 942, I said the UHF remote was broken so I could keep it and use it with my 622. :)