Multiple #2 UHF remotes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JAF

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I have a 722 which I run in single mode with two 6.3 UHF remotes. One has the green #1 UHF chip the second has a blue #2 UHF chip. I would like to add a another 6.3 #2 UHF remote for a third location. Is this possible? Do I need to do anything special to make this work?

(Sorry if this is a simple question but I couldn't find anything in the archives)

Thanks!

As long as the remotes are set to the same UHF remote address as the receiver, you can have as many as you want. I have one receiver that I use with 4 remotes set for it.

I have 2 remotes to operate TV 2. I just ordered the new learning remote from Dish as I need to control a vcr/dvd combo unit in the room where TV2 is located. I have been assured that the learning remote can control both UHF and IR devices. Also, the buttons are back lit for nighttime use. My wife and I have an understanding on this remote stuff. We don't touch each others remotes.. :) I also extend that rule to my 2 kids since one will throw it around and I have had more then one prior remote jammed up with PB and J fingers by my other daughter. BTW, any suggestions about how to keep the remote buttons clean? I am very hard on remotes myself due to having acidic skin oils which wears the print off the keys very quickly. I haave seen such a product used for computer keyboards in the past to protect the keys. TIA, Gary

Last edited:
I just ordered the new learning remote from Dish as I need to control a vcr/dvd combo unit in the room where TV2 is located. I have been assured that the learning remote can control both UHF and IR devices. Also, the buttons are back lit for nighttime use.

Can you do a short review with a picture when you receive the remote?

I have not seen any other indication that the remotes were available yet - for example, DishStore.net does not list them.

Just chiming in that it should work fine. When I sold my 942, I said the UHF remote was broken so I could keep it and use it with my 622. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)