Multiple Diplexor Sets Possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avediswolf

I'm Back!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
OK, The flat cable at my folks bit the dust, so here is what I'm thinking of doing...

Where the CableTV wire enters the house use a diplexor to combine SAT/CATV.
Inside the basement, use a diplexor to sepearte the signals.

Now the part which I wonder will work.

The CATV will go into it's splitters, and such. The wire going to the livingroom,
I want to add another diplexor here, combine again, then seperate at the TV.

Basically using the diplexors as intended, but using two pairs instead of one.

Will using two sets of diplexors work, or should it stay as only one set?

I've checked their wiring, it's all RG6. I have compression ends/tool so everything will be done right.

I dont understand why you need 2 sets of Diplexers (4 total). You only need two

One diplexer to combine cable/sat
one diplexer once you're inside...the antenna side can go to a splitter for cable
satellite side goes to a satellite connection

Once I combine the SAT/CATV and the wire comes in, I didn't figure I'd want the combined signal to run through the CATV splitters and go to each room. I'd want to seperate the signal once inside, so the SAT does not go through the CATV splitters ( which are usually rated at 1-1000MHz ), then re-combine the signal on the single wire going to the living room after the CATV splitters.

By the way, Thanks for the response.

Once it comes inside you use another diplexer

The side that says antenna is your cable TV which can go to the splitter
The side that says satellite goes up to the satellite receiver

They wont go to other rooms. The satellite line can’t have any splitters in the line.

Now I have the side that says ANT going to the splitters, and now I want to re-combine the sat/catv after the splitters so the combined signal goes to the right room.

I think I forgot to mention, the 1 cable comes into the basement, then there is 1 wire going to each room after the splitters.

You can only do this to one room (recombine it again) since again the satellite line cannot have any splitters in it

Exactly, I was just seeing if combining it that second time will have any major ill effects. Or if anyone has actucally done this.

I'll probably go there and do some expirementing this weekend.

Thanks!

It is possible. I do that sort of thing a lot. Your example is a good one. Diplex the incoming line because the customer wants to keep his cable internet. After "undiplexing", one line goes to the cable modem...the other to the satellite receiver. And then (wheww!!)...I'll diplex the TV#2 backfeed from the dual-tuner. All total; 2 sets of diplexers, 4 altogether.

Cable runs are fairly short. Will be ~ 30ft from dish to entry point, then from there to living room in wall, which should be no more than 10-15ft. ( a rough guess )

They have a dish1000 and only 1 501 receiver.

They live in Braxton Co. West Virginia. which is in the Huntington/Charleston DMA ( Over 1 hour to drive to Charleston ) but the cable has Weston/Clarksburg channels, which by location, and not Neilson, is more "Local" ( Only 35 Min to Weston ) DMAs are crazy. That's why I have to Diplex, they don't want to ditch the cable.

And they are lod, won't "Move" because they think the FBI will show up.

If there only one room for satellite and cable, here is what you can do.

Out side use diplexer to combine two signal, then in the basement, before the other diplexer, connected a high frequency splitter, then the diplexer, one wire go to your receiver and other wire to your cable splitter, then at your living room, you can splitt again the signal.

Thats what I did in a house long ago while there no way to run the extra cable from out side to the second floor attic.