Multiple HDTVs

lord egregious

Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
illinois
Love this forum and figure its the best place to get some help with my problem. Right now we have a HD DVR that is connected to 2 tvs both hd lcds. Of course only one can be hooked up to the hd feed and the other must use regular cable to watch something different. Now I also have a tv upstairs that is hd and I want to be able to get an hd tuner and maybe a dvr with it up there. Since dish's website doesn't make sense I can't figure how much it would cost to add another hd feed to a tv and what kind of situations would arise. If anyone knows a good website to find out costs of different set ups would be great to.

It's all in the Dish website if you have registered your account. Under Your Account, find Offers...Dishn' It Up. If you are eligible and in good standing, it will show the costs for the 622 and 722 Installed. For me, a 622 would be $125 installed, $150 for 722.

I have 4 HD TV's and get HD on all of 'em from a 622 & a 722. Of course, it's a "mirrored" channel from each receiver-same channel at the same time. All the outputs from TV1 are "hot" at the same time so IF you can get an HDMI cable to a 2nd HD TV you can use component at the HD TV near the receiver and view HD on either one. Cables are cheap at monoprice.com. Just a thought for ya.
Welcome aboard!

Ed

Love this forum and figure its the best place to get some help with my problem. Right now we have a HD DVR that is connected to 2 tvs both hd lcds. Of course only one can be hooked up to the hd feed and the other must use regular cable to watch something different. Now I also have a tv upstairs that is hd and I want to be able to get an hd tuner and maybe a dvr with it up there. Since dish's website doesn't make sense I can't figure how much it would cost to add another hd feed to a tv and what kind of situations would arise. If anyone knows a good website to find out costs of different set ups would be great to.

I would go with a 211K for your other HD tv because you can add an ext hard drive and turn it into a dvr and not pay the monthly DVR fee. i have a 722 a 508 and the 211K.

I too can recommend the 211 with an external USB drive. Mine is a 1 Terrabye WD Mybook, and it gives me about 100 hours of HD. The only noticeable difference between it and my 622s/722 is the fast forward or rewind is a bit slower, but not a whole lot.

I have tried to retrofit HDMI or component wires to other rooms, but it turned out to be so difficult (to do an unobtrusive and professional job) I just went with RG-6 and added a ViP 211.

Perhaps the new WHDI standard will allow us to connect wirelessly. They say it is is coming "soon" (a 4-letter word on this forum :)) here's a link: WHDI™ - Wireless High Definition

I'll have to get registered on dish online then.

As for the 211 is it best to do everything through dish or would trying to get the box outside of dish be cheaper?

Edit: So I got registered and everything and it says 25 shipped/ 75 installed for the 211. What kind of other fees can I expect with this. Besides the 40 to activate the dvr function.

Last edited:
I'll have to get registered on dish online then.

As for the 211 is it best to do everything through dish or would trying to get the box outside of dish be cheaper?

Edit: So I got registered and everything and it says 25 shipped/ 75 installed for the 211. What kind of other fees can I expect with this. Besides the 40 to activate the dvr function.

I bought my 211K but it really does not make any difference if you own it or get it from dish in my opinion. If you are adding a receiver its cheaper to buy it than add a recever if you can get a good deal like I did. you will pay a 7 dollar receiver fee for each additional HD receiver you have beyond your first receiver whether you own it or lease it

Remember, you will have to get a new line from the Sat to the new receiver. It makes NO sense to buy when you can get it for $75.00 INSTALLED.

So I'm basically looking at an additional 7 dollars a month for the line and the price of the device either 25 shipped or 75 installed. What all is there to install? There is already a coax line going up into the room where I want the HD box.

So I'm basically looking at an additional 7 dollars a month for the line and the price of the device either 25 shipped or 75 installed. What all is there to install? There is already a coax line going up into the room where I want the HD box.

It depends on what dish you have. What dish do you have as some require a wire from the switch to the receiver.

I assume the dish HD dish? I have a 722 hooked to two tvs and some older sd receiver hooked up to two tvs.

There are several dish's that receive HD so you have to know which one you have and which switch. one requires a cable from the dish and the one I have only requires a cable from the switch and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)