Multiple LNBF's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I was thinkinf about trying to put 3 lnbf's on my 1M motorized dish so as to cut down on the number of moves when switching channels.I guess there must be some reduced signal involved for the offset lnbf's but quality is the main thing to look for, I was looking to get maybe 87, 93 and 87 but not sure yet.
Do many other FTAers do this and is it really worth the effort of linning up the lnbf's.

Dave

I assume you meant 87,93 & 97 :)

I have done it with KU & DBS many times. The most common ones are
123/119 for G10 and the free audio on 119
97/91 for IA5 and free audio on NImiq 1

I had 95/91/82 one time on a DirecPC dish for G3 (college hockey games were there) and my Expressvu subscription I had at the time.

Putting 2 KU LNB's can be tricky but possible. You will lose a little signal on the "offset" one. I did a mini "Sky Angel" setup for the religious stuff on AMC4/IA5. Aimed at IA5 and put the 2nd LNB next to it for AMC4 (because those signals are pretty strong)

Thanks Ice
I was just toying with this idea and I and was wondering if anyone else was doing this.I have finally got the motor working good I should just leave it alone.Can't help tinkering though.
I still have to take a shot at G10 at 5deg elevation yet.

I can do 123/129 pretty easily.
129 shows only a 45 or so quality as the offset LNB. If it was right on, the quality is much higher

I've never gotten lnbf's to work next to each other on a single dish. If I did, I'd cut down on the number of dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)