Multiple local/dma packages?

YEs, acording ot the maps I have been able to find it appears that DMA boundaries are on county or state lines. Whichever is applicable..However, AC Nielsen seperates the DMA's by zip code.
I tried to find a link to a site that gave either a DMA map by zips or DMA zip code list. No luck....
Again, periodically AC Nielsen adjusts DMA boundaries. One of the satcos may have outdated info in their computers...Nothing is perfect..Heck, I have a friend who has lived in a home he had built for two years and D* still does not have the address in their data banks..Weird...I just wanted you to know that you needn't fall inot that trap of thinking there is some sort of conspiracy. MAny times on this board posters have placed soem pretty angry comments on here. Those comments seem to have the same genre. "Someone's screwing me"...

Well, this may answer the question about my problems. I live in a county that is in the Cincinnati DMA but my zip code is in the Dayton DMA. Dish provides me with the Cincinnati SD locals but I get no guide data fot the OTA Cincinnati HD locals. Dish must look at the zip to provide you the guide data for the HD locals but uses the county to determine which locals to provide you. Whatever it is, it is frustrating. I get no guide data and I purchase locals.

Well, this may answer the question about my problems. I live in a county that is in the Cincinnati DMA but my zip code is in the Dayton DMA. Dish provides me with the Cincinnati SD locals but I get no guide data fot the OTA Cincinnati HD locals. Dish must look at the zip to provide you the guide data for the HD locals but uses the county to determine which locals to provide you. Whatever it is, it is frustrating. I get no guide data and I purchase locals.
Dish has no say in what locals to deliver to whom..AC Nielsen determines that..As far as your giude issue is concerned. I am going to ask some questions you may have asked already. I juts want to wrpa this up.
Do you have the proper dish and LNB array to get HD locals?.Are you certain you are reciving locals from a DMA that Dish also transmits HS locals?
If you are supposed to receive HD locals and have the proper EQ ,you should be getting them..Dish would not send you SD locals and exclude you from receiving HD locals form that same DMA provided you have the proper EQ.

Dish has no say in what locals to deliver to whom..AC Nielsen determines that..As far as your giude issue is concerned. I am going to ask some questions you may have asked already. I juts want to wrpa this up.
Do you have the proper dish and LNB array to get HD locals?.Are you certain you are reciving locals from a DMA that Dish also transmits HS locals?
If you are supposed to receive HD locals and have the proper EQ ,you should be getting them..Dish would not send you SD locals and exclude you from receiving HD locals form that same DMA provided you have the proper EQ.

I just get SD locals through Dish, Dish does not provide Cincinnati HD locals yet. My problem is just with getting the guide data for the OTA HD local channels. I did get the guide data before I moved a couple years back. I moved 5 miles and the only difference is my zip code (I am still in the same county).

Confused?

Thank you for confirming, if HD is available on those and you have the right satellites setup, you will get the HD's too!! :up

Did you tell DBSOGRE the procedure, or did he figure it out from hints in your posts? I very curious to figure this out. Do you need two receivers to make it work? I've PM'd you a couple times, if you look at that stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts