Multiple Receivers at different locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teedoff00

Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
SLC, UT
Hi, I was just wondering anyone knew the answer or had advice for the following situation.

I currently have Directv Service with one receiver at my home. I recently acquired a vacation home that I would like to set-up for Directv. It had a Direct-Tv satellite already installed and I was wondering if I could add another receiver to my account and use it there even though it is not at the same residence as my first receiver. Will this work, or do I have to open up a separate account?

Thanks!

Yes it will work. If the Dish is already up, you are ready to go. Just take the receiver and plug it in. Don't plug in the phone line!

Yes but if I understand correctly, it isn't possible to use both locations simultaneously right? Sometimes people are still at home when we go to the vacation house and I am sure they will continue to watch tv.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes it will work "simultaneously" at both homes. I know a few people who do this. Other say it's wrong and against the "rules". But if your paying for it, I would not call it stealing. But DirecTV dose want you to have another separate account for another home if you use it "simultaneously". But like I said, other people do this all the time anyway with no problems at all.

One thing to keep in mind tho, "LOCALS" are on a spot beam. I don't know how far your vacation home is, so you might not get your local channels. But if it's not too far then everything should be fine.

I have had my receiver hooked up there and it gets all the channels I get at home. So if I use it simultaneously won't direct tv know? What happens if they find out?

Thanks for your replies!!

I have had my receiver hooked up there and it gets all the channels I get at home. So if I use it simultaneously won't direct tv know? What happens if they find out?

Thanks for your replies!!

According to the terms of service in your contract you aren't supposed to use both locations at the same time. Many people do with no issues, just don't plug in the phone line like Lodi25 mentioned. If Directv finds out, they could terminate your service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)