multiple receivers to one motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoneShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Northern VA
I have a fortec Dual universal LNBF (FSKU-2v) going into my digipower SG-2100 motor and then into my receiver. At the moment I have only one Classic NA receiver and another on the way. Since there is only one connection on the motor for one LNB, is it safe to say that the second receiver has to be directly connected to the LNB? The first pic is of what my layout will be once I get the second receiver. The second pic is what I asking if it can be done.

Attachments

• layout.JPG
    layout.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 218
  • layout2.JPG
    layout2.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 214
yes the 2nd reciever has to be connected directly to the LNB. Only one unit will control the motor

I have daisychained one receiver to the other and can control the motor from both receivers one at a time only.
Reinhold.

The only drawback to using the loop out method instead of a dual output LNB would be when both receivers are used at the same time the slave box will have to watch the same polarity as the master box.

Do the best of both worlds.... one cable from the slave to the dual output lnb, one cable from the loop out to the slave, connected to a cable switchbox to switch back and forth.

Just to add to my comments above, for the slave receiver to have full control of the motor (and with both polarities) you will have to turn the master receiver off (STAND BY) with the remote only. Otherwise, the master receiver will be the only one to control the motor and polarity.

I hooked up the second receiver (Classic NA) yesterday and get "no channels" on the display menu. The line is directly connected from the LNB (Dual fortec) to the receiver. My other receiver is connected to the motor and is currently on IA5 with no problems. I was under the assumption that I can pretty much plug in a new receiver to the extra line and be ready to go, since the dish is pointing to IA5 already.

you will have to set it up in the antenna screen. Most duals are standard (LNB Power 10750) whereas the Fortec receivers default to UNI (for UNiversal)

need to change that in the settings

I have a Fortec DUAL Output Universal KU LNBF (FSKU-2v) and had the antenna setup on "Uni" but still nothing.

you can use either 10600 and turn the 22k on for the LNB LO or leave it as UNI

What happens when you swap boxes?

I have questions about mine too.. I'm not that great writing in English, at least I try cuz I'm deaf :) so I decided to draw the pictures which one will work. Anyway, I don't want to unscrew/screw the coax cable back and forth to use either my TwinHan 102g or Coolsat 5k.. I would like to leave it at once. I don't want to destroy one of these equipment! :rolleyes: So, all of these equipment is exactly I have now.

Here's picture which one it will work..?

Attachments

• hookup-1_a.jpg
    hookup-1_a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 193
  • hookup-1_b.jpg
    hookup-1_b.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 195
made pictures thumbnails for our friends on dial-up :)

Both will work the same. The only difference is the receiver hooked to the motor can see both polarities whereas the 2nd will only see the same polarity if both are on

My preference is 2nd picture where the Fortec controls everything

Iceberg said:
made pictures thumbnails for our friends on dial-up :)

Oops, forgot about dial-up users! Sorry! BTW, Thanks for fixed! :)
Both will work the same. The only difference is the receiver hooked to the motor can see both polarities whereas the 2nd will only see the same polarity if both are on

My preference is 2nd picture where the Fortec controls everything

Great!! I'll use 2nd picture.. Hopefully, that will give me less headache!! :)

Thanks!!

yes. The PC card will only have the same polarity as the main box if they are both on at the same time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts