Multiple Satellite Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmnewland

Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
I want to set up my 5th wheel where I can use the satellite mounted on top of the trailer or run a cable to a portable satellite if the top one is obstructed (trees, etc.). The satellite on top is the Wingard SWM3 and I am going to replace the LNB on my portable slimline satellite with the SL3S LNB to get to the SWM setup. The Wingard techs thought I could install a 3000Mhz A/B switch to switch between the two satellites. Is this the case and where in the system would it go? Between the power supply and splitter? Also, where would I come up with one of these switches?

:welcome to Satelliteguys dmnewland!

You mention a splitter. Where would you use it, and do you need it? I'd put the power inserter inside by the receiver/dvr. Have you checked solid signal to see if they have the switch you are looking for? If anyone has one, they do.

I've never heard of a 3Ghz switch. If you do find one and it does work, please provide the details.

I've never heard of a 3Ghz switch. If you do find one and it does work, please provide the details.
I second that. Not to mention it would need to be dual power passing from 2-2300 mhz at the minimum. You may find a 5 but doubtful a 2.

Edit.. just spent about 10 min searching google for such a product.... came up with nothing. But an idea. You could create a barrel in the line outside and move the coax feed from dish a to dish b manually.. but that's about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)