Multiswitch going bad...replace advice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

QualEngPro

Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Maine
I have been a DirectTV subscriber for several years. About 3 years ago I changed locations, and a AT9 dish was installed. I believe this dish has an internal multiswitch, if I understand things correctly. I started noticing my reception getting "finnicky" several months ago, especially with HD channels. Very little rain or snow would make the signal break up. It has now gotten to the point that I do not get several channels on my HD receiver. (I have one HD and one standard) I get multiswitch errors, etc....mostly on certain local channels. Everything seems to work OK on the standard receiver. Anyway, it looks like the existing multiswitch is built-in to the dish/LNB assembly...please correct me if I'm wrong....can I just buy a new multiswitch and put it in-line with the current outputs? Or, do I have to replace the existing one? Or....should I replace the whole dish? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

~Thanks

PS: I do not have a TiVO/DVR unit...just one standard receiver and one HD receiver.

Fact of the matter is, you might have alignment problems, Post your signal levels and watch and see where they go when you have issues.

SD channels tend to stay up longer and not fade as quick as HD :(.

Replumb the mast, fix any loose bolts( if there are any), and repeak the dish. Just my opinion.

edit: my first educated guess, this doesn't sound like the multiswitch, more over an alignment issue.

Fact of the matter is, you might have alignment problems, Post your signal levels and watch and see where they go when you have issues.

SD channels tend to stay up longer and not fade as quick as HD :(.

Replumb the mast, fix any loose bolts( if there are any), and repeak the dish. Just my opinion.

edit: my first educated guess, this doesn't sound like the multiswitch, more over an alignment issue.

+1

AT9 = Replace dish. Call D* they are still replacing AT9 dishes free with AU9 Slimlines, when the dish develops problems. At least as far as I know they are. All it takes is a phone call to find out.

Thanks for your input....that is very helpful. I will give them a call and see what I can come up with!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)