Multiswitch Question

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I have a question about cascading two multiswiches. I want to have two DSR-630 PVRs in my den, but I don't want to have to run two more cables. I would like to be able to take two cables from a powered Zinwell 4X8 multiswitch and run them to a Channel Master 4X4 multiswitch (unpowered) is there anyway that this setup could work? I have posted a diagram of what I propse to do, but I dont know if it will work or not. Could someone give me an idea if it might work?

Attachments

• DIAG.jpg
    DIAG.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 136
I wonder if a two way high frequency splitter would work. I have a few of them lying around. They are one port power passing, I don't know if that would matter. If I hooked the the power passing ports from both to one 630 and the non power passing to the other 630 I wonder if that would work. Or would I need to get some splitters that pass power on both ports, I think that Pico makes some.

There are 4 possible signal sources for a channel on SD - 107 Horizontal, 107 Vertical, 111 Horizontal + 111 Vertical. As a result 2 lines must be run to each PVR.

The only time splitting works with Shaw is with an old stacked LNBF where reception is only required from 1 satellite.

So a high frequency splitter wouldn't work from the multiswitch then . I guess I will have to run a couple of more wires where I want to add the 630. Doesn't sound like there is any other way.

How about leaving the 630 in the next room and using a wireless transmitter to feed the room? I think that you can get HD transmitters for around $200 these days..

Depends how far away the room is, but I have my 630 in the living room hooked to the TV with the component cables and then I ran a 50ft HDMI ($90) out the wall tucked into the soffit running to a small 19" HD TV in the kitchen so I can watch the news at dinner time :)
Remote goes thru the wall if you have the little antenna on it.
Just a thought for you...

I ordered a HDMI over CAT6 extender from Sewell. I have an extra run if CAT6 that I am not using that runs to my den from my office. I can run an extra RG6 to the office so maybe with an extra UHF remote, this setup will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)