Multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1sweetchevy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
STL, MO
When the tech came out last December and upgraded my 3lnb dish to the slimeline he left my old 4X8 multiswitch inplace. Will this work with the new HD channels or do I absolutly need the newer 4X6? I have notice the signal strength on every other transponder is lower on the 103 and that this was a sign of an incompatable mutiswitch. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Well, FWIW once I removed my old multiswitch it (channel 498) started to work. Didn't troubleshoot down to the gnats arse to see if it was just the diplexer portion that was the issue.

And you can't diplex anymore so remove those!

I'm using the Zinwell 6x8 Wide Band Multi-Switch. This switch is the one directv uses with the slim line dish. With no problems.

That is correct, the Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch is what you are going to need. I had an old multiswitch on my 5 LNB dish and no Ka Band was signal. I replaced it w/ the Zinwell and now I have channel 498, 490 and 491.

Like I said , I've had no problems tuning in any of the test stations, so will I really need the new multiswitch?

Well, you may not need one as I couldn't tune to 498 and the other test channels (490 and 491) were failing. Plus I did not have a signal on 103b (view signal strength). If you are getting signals from 103b, you should be okay.

Check the band withe on your 4x8 switch. The old 4x8 switch I used before I got HD slim line dish didn't go up to 2150 mhz like the Zinwell.

When the tech came out last December and upgraded my 3lnb dish to the slimeline he left my old 4X8 multiswitch inplace. Will this work with the new HD channels or do I absolutly need the newer 4X6? I have notice the signal strength on every other transponder is lower on the 103 and that this was a sign of an incompatable mutiswitch. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

The exact same thing here. I was getting the test channels fine, but today when the new HD channels rolled out, I got none. Bypassed the old multiswitch (Aspen Eagle DTV4X8) and got them all.

I ordered the Zinwell WB68 online at solidsignal.com for about $52 including shipping. I then called D* technical support and they confirmed that my problem was likely due to not having a wideband multiswitch, and they promptly credited my account for the full amount of the new multiswitch. Hope it works. :)

The exact same thing here. I was getting the test channels fine, but today when the new HD channels rolled out, I got none. Bypassed the old multiswitch (Aspen Eagle DTV4X8) and got them all.

I ordered the Zinwell WB68 online at solidsignal.com for about $52 including shipping. I then called D* technical support and they confirmed that my problem was likely due to not having a wideband multiswitch, and they promptly credited my account for the full amount of the new multiswitch. Hope it works. :)

I went round and round on the phone with D* tech support, all they would say was call the contractor that upgraded me to the slimeline and didn't replace the switch to see if they would do anything about it (fat chance). I ended up buying one new in the box on Ebay for $22 including shipping. Should be here any day now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)