Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I picked up an old Muzak fiberglass dish. So today I decided to put it back on 103W Ku but both polarities, not just vertical for Muzak. I pulled the polarity plug in the feed horn and ground it out to accept both polarities. I put an old "Soup can" dual polarity ku LNB on the feed and mounted a Zinwell 3X4 multiswitch on the back of the dish to handle distribution. The Muzak mount is kind of unique. Not a pipe clamp mount like most. The dish I got came with a NPRM mast. Fortunately it's a standard pipe size and I had a piece to make a new mast. A little paint and a few zipties, I have a clean install and the dish works good :)
Muzak 009.JPG Muzak 002.JPG Muzak 012.JPG Muzak 014.JPG

Nice clean install! Great work! :hail:

I would only add drip loops before the coax enters the fittings on the LNBF.

And I have an issue with my setup and this dish. Always something! I have a microHD on a splitter (all port power pass) with my HTPC rig. I don't think the microHD can power this dish thru the splitter. There was a 36" dish with an SL2 Bullet serving me 103W with no problems that I replaced with this dish. I'll trouble shoot this later today and see what I can find. My other microHD has no problem with this dish, but it's not on a splitter.

Nice project there. :up

I have one of the old soup can LNBs that is voltage-switched (single output), and a bunch that have the seperate H & V outputs.

If you are not feeding multiple receivers one of those voltage switched units would really simplify what what you are doing here, I think.

You always have a lot of great pics but I rarely look at more than the thumbnails because of the file size, damn my slow connection. :(

Nice install. Yeah let us know what your trouble shooting reveals.

Nice install. Yeah let us know what your trouble shooting reveals.
Now that I have time to check it out...no problems found. Hmmmm Gremlins and weird wonkiness. Must not have been holding my mouth just right when I tried it the first time. But I was watching COZI all last night on the other microHD and it dropped out on me once "no signal" for about 5 seconds. I hit the info button right after that and showed a strong signal 90 and Q 70. No more incidents after that. Must have been a problem with the satellite ;):rolleyes::D

Good to hear that it is acting ok!

Status
Please reply by conversation.