Muzak dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Perhaps another alternative to hunting down old Primestar dishes might be one of these Muzak dishes. My son spotted this one at a train station. It looks to be about 80cm.

Attachments

• Picture 114.jpg
    Picture 114.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 625
I got news for you chaps.....I will take anything that looks like it MAY focus satellite signals...:D

Musak dishes, P* dishes, big E* and D* dishes, ANYTHING. :cool::D:)

Could be a 1.2 Meter. Look at the back of the dish and see if it may have Channel Master brand name on it. It should have the size on it too. Seems like the name on front of the dish and on the LNB cover was the Satellite company (like Primestar) that was offering satellite services some years back.
That dish you saw would be great for FTA! I got two of them.

I would love to be able to scrounge some dishes, but all thats around up here in Canada are pizza pans :( and BUDs, which the wife says I can't put in the yard :mad:

90cm for sure probably a meter

Yup. I would say .90 meter (C.M. Type 90) or maybe a 1 meter (C.M. Type 100)

Attached is the Channel Master factory installation and specifications manual I dug up when I was restoring and converting a type 90 for motorized FTA use.

Attachments

• DishInstallationManual.pdf
    344.7 KB · Views: 177
That dish is made by channel Master i have 2 1 meter dishes just like that one on the photo.

Yup. I would say .90 meter (C.M. Type 90) or maybe a 1 meter (C.M. Type 100)

Attached is the Channel Master factory installation and specifications manual I dug up when I was restoring and converting a type 90 for motorized FTA use.

You ought to put this CM manual where the manuals section is
. I think it would be a great help to new FTA hobbist!

The photo doesn't do justice to the size. For a reference, compare the reflector to the shingles on the roof. I took the photo from about 10 ft away.It's definitely much smaller than my 1m Primestar dish. I got as close as possible while standing on the fence post. It's mounted on top of a shed next to the railroad tracks.

.It's definitely much smaller than my 1m Primestar dish.

OK...then it may be a .75 meter, like the one in these photos. I took care in trying to duplicate your camera angle. The top lip to bottom lip dimension is roughly 32 inches.

Smaller than what is generally considered necessary for good all around FTA performance, but it probably has tighter geometric tolerances than most consumer grade FTA dishes ... some day I will get around to doing a little field testing.

Attachments

• ChannelMaster75cm.JPG
    ChannelMaster75cm.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 235
  • ChannelMaster75cmBack.JPG
    ChannelMaster75cmBack.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 216
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)