My 622 has shipped

Also, I have an 811 and that is a single tuner receiver. Don't I need the installer to set up the second line for the dual tuner in the 622?

Bob I see that you are in Chicago. I thought all of the Voom HD and other new addditions were also on 61.5. The 129 does not cover all parts of the USA. At Tony's site he has the 129 new additions mirrored at 61.5.

Would you be referring to the Chicago HD locals?

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

goaliebob99 said:
sorry that is incorrect... In the chicago area you do have a need for the dish 1000 as chicago hd lil is only avabile from the 129 slot... ;)

Would the installer be mad if I installed the reciever when I get it, and I just had the him install the Dish 1000 on the 25th?

Dustin said:
Would the installer be mad if I installed the reciever when I get it, and I just had the him install the Dish 1000 on the 25th?

You can't activate the 622 without canceling your install date. So I think that you will have to wait unless things have changed over the past year.

What prompts are you guys going thru when you call in to check and see if your 622 is on the way??

I just dealt with a clueless "offshore" rep who had no idea what I was talking about. Lol...it was actually pretty funny, to be honest.

Yes i would like to know the answer to the same question. My rep went on a tangent on how it would be shipped out 1 week before install, then she said do you have a pen a paper ready to write down the tracking info, then she said its not avail. She had no clue about what was going on with anything.

cpdretired said:
Bob I see that you are in Chicago. I thought all of the Voom HD and other new addditions were also on 61.5. The 129 does not cover all parts of the USA. At Tony's site he has the 129 new additions mirrored at 61.5.

Would you be referring to the Chicago HD locals?

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

yes the only place that chicago hd locals are avaible on is 129... they are not mirrored to 61.5

lilexecutioner said:
Yes i would like to know the answer to the same question. My rep went on a tangent on how it would be shipped out 1 week before install, then she said do you have a pen a paper ready to write down the tracking info, then she said its not avail. She had no clue about what was going on with anything.

For both guys asking-

Call 888-284-7116 (existing subs)

Press 2 for All other questions

Enter your phone number

Press 3 for tech support

Press 4 for Other

Press 1 for Hd Receivers

You should actually get someone who knows what's going on. I don't know if you can get a tracking number or not (try to get it anyway). But they will be able to tell you if it has shipped and what day it is scheduled to arrive.

I tried calling 3 times today, and they're all clueless. I called tech support each time. The first rep said there's no tracking number showing but she thinks it was shipped out today and to call back later for a tracking number. Rep 2 said that it arrived on 2/9, but that was in fact the empty box. She then researched the issue and said the installer will bring it. I hung up and called again and Rep 3 pretty much said the same thing. I had her check and she said that it will be shipped to the installer and they'll bring it out. From what I've been told, this is incorrect, it should be shipped directly. Is there a better phone number or email address I can use to resolve this issue and find out its status? (I used 888-284-7116 and chose Tech Support) Thanks!

Last edited:
anyone who wants more info on there shipment pm me and let me know and i will take a look into if for you..

Mine showed up at the house today. I will have to connect it up and see if they will activate it when I get home. The CSRs keep telling me that it is not possible to install it myself.

Edit: BTW everytime I called to find out if my unit had been shipped, they told me that it would not be direct shipped and the installer would bring it.

Last edited:
Back when I placed my order I was told that it would be brought to the house by the installer. Since then I've been reluctant to call because I was afraid of jinxing my 2/21 install date. But with others saying that they are receiving the units prior to install I called today. The rep told me that if Dish is installing it will be brought. If it is another company that Dish contracts with it's shipped to the residence first. Does this jive with anyone else's experience?

When I called last night, they told me that it was not shipped and the installer would bring it. It showed up at the house today. I don't give too much credibility to the customer service information from E*.

ronjohn said:
When I called last night, they told me that it was not shipped and the installer would bring it. It showed up at the house today. I don't give too much credibility to the customer service information from E*.

As I'm off today anyway, I have my fingers crossed!

I called today to ask another question, and the CSR advised me that mine had shipped already (I too was told the installer would bring the 622 with them). After being put on hold forever (the CSR had to contact a different dept to get the tracking number), I finally received info that the 622 had already been delivered this morning.

Next step, call to move my install date up. I have old legacy LNB's, and I want the newer LNB's installed so that only 1 of my RG6 runs will be used (leave the other for sending modulated output from the 622 to another room).

Well I called to move my install date, but they won't move it any sooner than 2/21. I can install myself. I have old LNBs, a dish 500 (110, 119) and a dish 300 at 61.5. I am in the Atlanta area. When I install the 622, it will be the only receiver I use. I don't think they will install a dish1000 since my locals should be on 61.5, but I am not sure.

What more will the installer give me if I wait until 2/21?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)