My 922 smells like burnt electronics and more won't turn on.

kszach

Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
WI
Something must have shorted out on this thing as the power cord is fried and so is the coax to the satellite. No thunderstorms either...not sure what happened. Now I have to wait nearly a week for Dish to send a replacement. Is there a local retailer that can get me one quicker? I'm in SE WI.

If you have burnt coax.. more then likely you have also burnt the LNB.. You need a tech out there.. Not just a replacment 922..

Something must have shorted out on this thing as the power cord is fried and so is the coax to the satellite. No thunderstorms either...not sure what happened. Now I have to wait nearly a week for Dish to send a replacement. Is there a local retailer that can get me one quicker? I'm in SE WI.

No matter what for a 922 you need a dish installer to set up...its the rules....Ive has the 922 for 5 months and Im on my second, nothing burnt up, just broken and usless!

No matter what for a 922 you need a dish installer to set up...its the rules....Ive has the 922 for 5 months and Im on my second, nothing burnt up, just broken and usless!

I actually set up the 922 myself when the installer came.

I actually set up the 922 myself when the installer came.

So you paid for the installer but you did it yourself?? This statement is ment to what? mislead? confuse? divert? I stand by my statement only because its dishes rule....If it has changed great info for all of us!

I got a new receiver now. The installer ran alot of coax as much of it was also fried. The coax melted the two plastic coax plates on the wall also... Lucky there was no fire.

Wow. Surprised the LNBs survived such abuse. Are you sure you weren't struck by lightning?

We've had awesome weather for quite some time..... No lightning. Not sure what caused this, but I'm concerned with this new one. I'm surprised the house did not burn.

Just wanted to clear something up here. Yes an installer is need to setup the 922 but that is for the original install. If you have a 922 that goes out we would be able to send it out to you. It would not need to be installed by a tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)