My 922 will be coming soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I have been working with my insurance company for nearly a month now with a lightning damage claim. They are agreeing to replace my receivers. I had to get them to understand that analog and digital C band are now in one box. Their first response was "you still use that?"

The interesting item I learned is that DSR922s are in such high demand. Skyvision says they haven't had new units for 5 weeks. Provider NPS has a better price that includes shipping. They also said they order a tractor trailer load and they sell out within days and waiting for a new shipment next week from overseas. Rebuilts are pricey,only slightly less than new.

So maybe this is good news for us C banders. I hope this trend continues. I would be interested in knowing the 4DTV sub count, all we read is the declining analog count.

I'm kicking myself for not getting one of those DCII sidecar units. I saw one at the ham radio convention in May for $10. For $10 it would be worth the gamble that the battery is in good enough shape to have maintained the unit ID. I really want a 4DTV unit, but am not willing to spend the big bucks for one.

We had a pretty wild storm blow through here last night with some pretty close lightning strikes. I just set up my C-Band system a couple of weeks ago, it would have been a shame to get it blown out so soon..

When I bought mine there was a run on them but Skyvision still had them they were the only place. This was almost 2 years ago. This could be a good sign. If there can be enough sold, maybe Motorola will think about making a 923 or 924 with megapipe. It's probably a dream but what's life without dreams.:)

I'm kicking myself for not getting one of those DCII sidecar units. I saw one at the ham radio convention in May for $10. For $10 it would be worth the gamble that the battery is in good enough shape to have maintained the unit ID. I really want a 4DTV unit, but am not willing to spend the big bucks for one.

We had a pretty wild storm blow through here last night with some pretty close lightning strikes. I just set up my C-Band system a couple of weeks ago, it would have been a shame to get it blown out so soon..

I could have got a brand new 905 for $99 about 5 years ago, $10 would be a steal. I've had 90 MPH wind rip at my BUD over the years and never damaged anything. Had lightning strike as close as half block away no issues.

Just have your dish grounded well and use a good surge surpressor. I built one many years ago that rivals $500 units for about $50. I also have a UPS on my 922.

I would have bought that in a second! I am still considering getting my 905 repaired, if possible for a backup. I have already lost over a month of paid programming.

I tried doing some research on it, choices seem rather limited. Even if I found another inexpensive unit for parts it might be a good project.

ATS will fix the 905, you can probably find a 920 or 905 on ebay or on a sat forum for cheap, to bad your battery died that will need a new board, think it's like $170 or something like that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)