My Apology to Brian at SatelliteAV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I am a member here at Satellite Guys and I have not been on this wesite for quite some time until a few days ago. The latest Glen bashing thread here started by macgod79 had a post by Brian of SatelliteAV aimed at me. The post was in reference to his MicroHd receiver that his company SatelliteAV sells and supports. Someone did email me from here telling me of Brian's post so I signed on after a long absence here at Satellite Guys and confronted Brian quite strongly. Yes I am a member of Glen's C band website and apparently a lot of people here frequently visit there too. Yes I did do a post at Glen's which mentions the MicroHD receiver. My post says something on the lines of (Please do not expect this word for word but I am doing my best!) My mother always said that if I could not say anything good then do not say anything at all. Yes I did say that about the MicroHD in a reply to someone at Glen's website that was asking about FTA receivers. I called Brian on the phone yesterday and apologized to him and explained myself. I am writing this today to again tell Brian that I am sorry and to others that might be offended by my post over there. In the thread here about Glen most of my posts were erased and I did not look to see what was left so I am going to explain what I meant. First of all Brian did try contacting me through a PM message but I do not use the PMs here anymore so I never received the message. I am not a high tech super sophisticated have to have the newest thing kind of a person. I have been called a C band/4DTV kool aid drinker by Iceberg and I take that as a compliment! I have a lot of vintage electronics and I am used to large size electronics which I also touched on the size issue for me of the MicroHD in another post at Glen's. I have big hands and I am used to working on old trucks and tractors so handling small electronics is a thing of the past for me and I am getting older as well as everybody else. I no longer buy the newest thing until the bugs are worked out especially when it comes to first year/first run vehicles and electronics! Having said all that... No I do not own a MicroHD receiver and I have never seen or operated one. My post at Glen's website was my personal opinion alone based on what I have read on websites about the MicroHD before the bugs were worked out. The MicroHD does have some great features! It was not part of a MicroHD bashing/anti Brian & SatelliteAV thread as some believe. I also recommended another receiver for that person which was not a good recommendation just by what I read posted online and not having one of those either. Brian has a great reputation for customer service and I am sure he will make things right if a problem ever arises and yes I have ordered from him in the past and will again in the future. I have a bad habit of condensing or shortening up what I write or say (My wife can tell you more on that!) and that post at Glen's was very short and blunt so perhaps I have a future job at Reader's Digest condensing books. I intended my post over there just to mean that it might be a good idea to stay away from the MicroHD until the bugs are worked out but I did not explain that at all! Nothing else was intended! Looking back at the way it was written can be viewed as a double edge sword meaning it could be interpreted different ways. Brian viewed it as a slam against his receiver, possibly its features or quality and a slam against him and or his company. Looking at the post I cannot blame him for taking it that way! That was not my intentions at all!!!... I love satellite TV and I do not like confrontations and misunderstandings! Again I am sorry for this misunderstanding! However it was really great talking to Brian on the phone!

Please accept my apology,
sincerely,
Dishman Dan

***Scott please do not delete or edit this posting right away and I would appreciate if it could stay up at least a month. :)

Thank you Dishman Dan for your telephone call yesterday and public apology here on the forum. I respect this immensely and commend you for reaching out and clarifying your statements. It takes a big person to do this!!!

Thank you again for taking the time to set things right! We all make mistakes, but it really takes guts to do what you are doing!

We look forward to your participation in the forums again! If there is anything that we can do to assist with your equipment or support, we are here to help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)