My bullseye feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
It has been sometime and I know some of you have been curious how my Bullseye feedhorn (Dual C and Dual KU) is working.

I have the lnbs mounted on it and I am still waiting for my two Zinnwell 4x3 multiswitches to come.

I ordered them from an Ebay dealer for 6.99 each. They are passively powered.

Soon as they get here I am intalling. Already have my four coax cables ran down the dish strut with water proof connectors.

Can't wait.

If this works out, I am going to do seperate receivers for a couple of rooms.

Sounds like you got a good deal on the 3x4 multiswitches.
Hope he didn't hold you up on shipping.

It will be interesting to see how well the LNBs are powered by the passive switches.
You might want to hook an 18 volt source to a spare output, if you should run into trouble.
Ya saw what Linuxman did to get 18 v on both his LNBs... so I'm quite curious to see how you fare. - :up
Not sure if that was really necessary, or just good safety margin. :cool:
Probably depends on the particular LNBs, so it's a case by case situation.

I'll be rootin' for ya!

I am going to use those cheap dms bsc 211's. I think they will run 13v OK, I have ran one of them on my corotor II at 13v from my pansat. No noticeable loss. signal quality stays the same.

I tested this by storing the same transponder as both H and V. No noticeable change.

the shipping with insurance on both multiswitches was 8.90
So basically in two multiswitches I have little over 20.00

I have a gazebo w/ 31" tv. I am going to put this old Ariza FTA receiver out there. It has componet video outputs and the tv has componet inputs. Not HD, but should give a crisp clean SD pic.

This will simplify my setup since the dish is only a few feet from the gazebo.

a diseqc switch 2x1 with two short coax jumpers into each multiswich (One for C and one for KU) should work great.

The used Norsat 8000 lnbs I had were bad. One didn't work at all and was full of white chalky corrosion. The other worked for a day and kicked off. (bummer).

That bullseye feedhorn is full of white chalky corrosion. Should I clean it out with a little wire brush on the dremel extension tool?

That bullseye feedhorn is full of white chalky corrosion. Should I clean it out with a little wire brush on the dremel extension tool?
I wouldn't touch the inside with anything but a soft rag, and be careful to not allow your fingers to touch the probes in any way. The acid on your fingers no matter how dry can corrode the probes.

A wire brush might cause tiny scratches and grooves that could break up the signal. There is a technical term for it, but I can't think of it right now. :)

I have a drawing that I got from Chaparral for the Bullseye I & II, and it's for using it with two receivers.
Would you like a copy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)