My favorite things about the Equity channels...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
While waiting for my DSR922 to arrive and watching mainly analog feeds, OTA and the Equity channels for nearly 2 months now. I realized a couple of things I enjoy about viewing the RTN affiliates. They do not have those annoying pop up ads running across the bottom of the screen every so often. And I can actually read the credits at the end of a program.

I like them because of the programs (and they have wrestling on there too) along with sports :)

Don't forget about the good lookin' babes doing the local weather updates;). You have to admit the Equity stations have vastly improved over the last three years. I seen last night that KQUP is going to have Sonics games this year. I am not an NBA fan, but it's nice to know that they are there for the ones who are.:):up:)

TV Land tends to beat programs to death, which is one reason RTN is better. I love MASH, but the other night they ran it for hours and hours. The next night they'll do it to the Jeffersons or All in the Family. Nick at Nite is worse, mostly since they think Roseanne was meant to be marathoned.

TV Land tends to beat programs to death, which is one reason RTN is better. I love MASH, but the other night they ran it for hours and hours. The next night they'll do it to the Jeffersons or All in the Family. Nick at Nite is worse, mostly since they think Roseanne was meant to be marathoned.
It's because all those shows come to them on dvds with a full series on one dvd... they just set it up and push play more or less. I remember when I used to have cable and Spike was just introduced, they played a ton of star trek marathons.

Years back Tv land was great. I remember watching there first day on the Bud. Now it's a joke just like Nick at night, I let my sub run out on them. RTN is way better we get so many channels, no BS and it's free :) And yes they have have some nice weather girls :)

Advertisement in programs

Heck what are you talking about advertisment in programs. They do that too. They seem to do it more with what is on next instead of a product but still. I find it all annoying. One should goto youtXXx and watch a older show recorded in the 80's. What a differences. Plus in fact too that they keep shortening up shows to add more comercials. They actually denied this. Thought the saying the shows still run between 18-24 minutes or something like that. Well in the 80's the show was like 24 minutes. Now most are 18. I can't remeber the exact number and to lazy to dig. This is just like oh we don't turn up the volume on the comercials. They come that way to us. Well still if that is true. THey have technology. (Built it into some tv's a while back. Think they still do on some). That keep the same volume level out. Not only that. If the volume is softer. It makes it louder. So no I can't really stand to watch tv any more. It is honestly moving me over to series on DVD. But yes you guys are right. Watching MASH on RTN is so much more enjoyable.
Oh and don't get me wrong. I realize that adveritising is what pays for the local networks to be brodcasted free. But then WTF am I getting tons of inforcomericals on say pay sat services. I remeber back when alot of channels that you paid extra for. DIdn't have comercials. Now you pay extra, get comercials / poduct endorsments / and Comercials.

Oh and don't get me started on how I can drive from Am falls to Pocatello about 18 minutes drive and listen to nothing but comercials on a radio station. So I almost 95% liten to cd's now. To cheap to purchase Sat radio.

later,

Josh

This is just like oh we don't turn up the volume on the comercials. They come that way to us. Well still if that is true.

Stations are not suppose to go over 100% modulation as per FCC rules. What they do on the commercials is use speech processing (compression) This makes the high and low point's modulate close to 100%, when they run the shows they probably undermodulate at 70% or so.

Oh and don't get me wrong. I realize that adveritising is what pays for the local networks to be brodcasted free. But then WTF am I getting tons of inforcomericals on say pay sat services. I remeber back when alot of channels that you paid extra for. DIdn't have comercials. Now you pay extra, get comercials / poduct endorsments / and Comercials.
It ticks me off to, It's all about a buck today nothing else.

...Oh and don't get me started on how I can drive from Am falls to Pocatello about 18 minutes drive and listen to nothing but comercials on a radio station. So I almost 95% liten to cd's now. To cheap to purchase Sat radio...
Sat radio is riddled with commercials too. Even the "commercial free" channels advertise for their other channels/etc. I haven't found a truly commercial free music/radio station that has music that I enjoy on satellite radio either. I have often considered investing in a sprint wireless internet access card so that I can install a computer in my trunk to stream music from one of the great commercial-free music outlets on the internet (yet, I've changed jobs and no longer spend 3+ hours a day in my car, so it's hard to justify such an expense at this point).

I remember back when I first found TVLand on F3,TP 18 I think. It had only retro-commercials. I loved seeing these old ads I remembered as a kid. It was in the clear for years.

Sci-Fi ran a teaser that was just barely there at first. A fuzzy background with a cryptic message about the programming with a countdown clock. Later the voice became clear...you could hear Lost In Space...Buck Rogers...Battlestar Galactica...etc. A BUD was great. My friends wanted the channels I had.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)