My first major mistake

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spacebug42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Woodland, CA
Okay, I blew it! :mad: The other day I was trying to operate my Fortec remote and thought it was the batteries. I replaced the batteries and nothing happened when I tried to get the Dynamic receiver to switch to the OTA to check out how well the OTA reception looked on the receiver. In fustration in trying to get the receiver to work, I ended up doing a reset without saving the satellite and channel info. Now I have the pleasure of putting in the coodrinates in and scanning all of the sats again. :(

I thought you were gonna say you dropped your dish while installing , and bent it!
It won't take too long to get it all back, plus you have a nice clean memory to store
everything in now.

Fortec Dynamic Owners, Back Up That Channel Data!

Spacebug, I have done that too a couple times myself! :mad: Now I make sure I do a Channel Backup after each bird scanned if I reset!

For all you Fortec Star Dynamic owners out there read this to save you a bunch of time if this happens to you!

The Fortec Dynamic has a Channel Backup ("Data Save)" feature that saves all scanned birds in memory then you can do a Channel Recovery ("Data Restore") them back with only having to just put your settings back into the set up part. Just save then restore it and your channels are back!

The Fortec Star Dynamic Factory Has: Reset or Factory Reset, Channel Backup, Channel Recovery & Delete All Channels In The Main Menu! ;)

Again, the only thing you have to put back in manually is your longitude and Latitude and what motor commands USALS or DiESqc 1.2 and switch or no switch for each bird in the table & LNB Type & Settings! That is a great feature about the Dynamic STB for you can do a factory reset if needed then manually enter your coordinates back and simple settings and your back in business!

:rant:Tedious in itself but better than re-scanning the entire arc if you can get all or most of it!

Here is where it is in the menu:

1. Press Menu On the Remote or front of STB
2. Scroll Down To The Factory Reset, Press OK
3. Gives You These Options: Factory Reset, Channel Backup, Channel Recovery & Delete All Channels
4. Access any one and or executing a command by pressing OK on the STB or Remote

Factory Reset sets all "out of box" parameters
Channel Backup saves all the scanned satellites you stored
Channel Recovery puts them all back after a power out hose or a Factory Reset
Of course Delete All Channels has no explaining to do!

I do a Factory Reset on my Dynamic every month to keep it running smoother! I recommend it! Sometimes, it is just best to start all over by doing a Factory Reset and then just taking the time to rescan all the satellites again for transponders change and that clears out the dreaded Duplicate transponders that will eventually slow your box down or make it just not store things anymore not to mention the dreaded "Freeze" up of your box while trying to save something to it or a simple change in your setup!

Make sure you do a Channel BackUp first before resetting or after you scan in all your satellites again this time, if it happens again you will save yourself a bunch of time!

Again, Beats rescanning the birds all over again!

Hope that helps out all Fortec Dynamic Owners before you have to re-scan all birds in again if you don't back up the STB! :up

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I usually do the Channel backup after I scan the arc for the first time, edit out what I don't want, and have my basic working setup.
Then , after I've fill the Merc up with "used once" transponders , from blind scans, and memory is getting low, I can delete all the channels and restore from the backup. Back to my original scans again. IT IS a nice feature and I wish every box had the option.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts