My head is spinning so confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
The guy is still here now they are changing the location now adding 119 and 110 they said I can't get 72.7 in Rhode Island does anyone else know??? Can I get 129 location instead??? I want to get the HD channels and I know they are moving to 72.7 from 61.5.

Rhode Island I don't know. The only thing I do know is that the new HD is on both 129 and 72.7, so if you want it you'll need to point to one of those locations. My sense is that 129 is not doable but hopefully someone who really knows responds to your post.

Good Luck.

I'm in Va and get 61.5/72.5/77 the elevation here is almost 40 degrees don't know why you wouldn't be able to have a EA(Eastern Arc ) install where you are

Rhode Island I don't know. The only thing I do know is that the new HD is on both 129 and 72.7, so if you want it you'll need to point to one of those locations. My sense is that 129 is not doable but hopefully someone who really knows responds to your post.

Good Luck.

129 is to low here unless you nothing around your house and or close by that has any height

The guy is still here now they are changing the location now adding 119 and 110 they said I can't get 72.7 in Rhode Island does anyone else know??? Can I get 129 location instead??? I want to get the HD channels and I know they are moving to 72.7 from 61.5.

Hi Chris, I'm assuming there must be a tree or other obstruction blocking LOS to 72.7. If you have access to a good compass you could go to dishpointer dot com and double check.

If you can receive 119w then you might have a chance at 129w as it is only a bit more to the west.

Hope this helps, DC

I had 110 and 119 for years with a dish installed in the front of house. Dish came back a few years ago for HD and installed another dish in the back of the house for 62. I'm in DE

Here in Southeastern MA near RI I have the eastern arc solution: 61.5 72 77.

My guess is either you cant see the southern sky or the intallers dont know what they are talking about or maybe they dont have the equipment with them.

Given you are south of me you have an even better look angle.

JC

I think your installer is blowing smoke if you have no obstructions to the south. I get EA just fine (61.5/72.7) in Northern Vermont. 77 is the only one I can't get a good signal from, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Yeah in RI too, and get 61.5,72,110,119. Did they say you can't get it in RI, or just you can't get it? If the former they are just plain wrong. I had an installer once tell me that 77 had nothing on it so not to worry that it was red, lol, so i would not be surprised if they just bs you to get the job done and leave.

They said that RI doesn't get the Eastern Arc at all. And plus he didn't check anywhere else for a signal at all he just used the the pole that was original there already. Thanks for all the replies I will hopefully find out something this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts