My "Headend" experiment

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Just thought i would share my hillbilly headend project with some of you guys who enjoy experiments. My entire house in every room is wired with RG-6 Quad. All the runs terminate in the closet where i have splitters, amps, etc.

I have a winegard 9095P UHF antenna for OTA DTV.
I also use a vu-160 Rat shack antenna with a VHF bandpass filter for the single
VHF HI band channel 13.1 and 13.2

In addition to my Local OTA digital channels that i have coming in splitting off to 8 tv's in the house i have added agile UHF modulators to some of my FTA receivers, my 4DTV receiver, and my Directv D12 receiver.

this has worked great. I did have to figure out what channels i could use using the pico macom modulators so harmonics and spurious emissions do not take out my OTA frequencies.

I also added a pico macom modulator to my 16 camera security DVR video output to modulate a split screen camera view of all my 16 outdoor cameras.

after playing with splitters ran backward as combiners and using amps...it works great.

I now have my own little cable co!!! in my house LOL.

i just put each receiver on whatever channel i want to see in the rest of the house and voila. i still have the receivers exposed near the tv's so they can be used as tradional receivers using their remotes to channel surf. since each of my rooms have 2 rg6 coaxes at each faceplate i just use the unused one for a return RF path back to the closet from each modulator to be combined.

its an idea for some of you that are interested in this setup...no its not HD on the big tv's but it works nice. my signals are strong enough not to have any noise or snow and pics are pretty sharp for analog RF,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts