My Hr10-250 just received the updated 6.3a software last night :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
called d* a week ago to ask why my hr10 is skipping, he said oh i will send out a new hr20 i said cool, he said it could be the old firmware. i asked him well is there anyway to get that update pushed and he said no since we are not pushing out the update, its coming from tivo not D*. and ofcourse the wrong box came (hr10) because the techs can only send a replacement for the one i have not upgrade. I call back tell them what happened and they are sending me out another one. the hr10 was 14lbs and this unknown is 12.3lbs cross fingers.

CoachGibbs said:
No update here, slow rollout as usual.

Well it happened again, after being assured by a tier 2 supervisor who manually entered into the system for me to get a new hr20 fedex showed up this morning with a refurb hr10. this is the second time it has happened within 4 days, so i called retention and stated my case and they are giving me a hr20 for free along with a yr free hd programming and nba league pass for 75.00 for all my trouble.

mdp1116 said:
called d* a week ago to ask why my hr10 is skipping, he said oh i will send out a new hr20 i said cool, he said it could be the old firmware. i asked him well is there anyway to get that update pushed and he said no since we are not pushing out the update, its coming from tivo not D*. and ofcourse the wrong box came (hr10) because the techs can only send a replacement for the one i have not upgrade. I call back tell them what happened and they are sending me out another one. the hr10 was 14lbs and this unknown is 12.3lbs cross fingers.

Got the 6.3a update and what a difference. Besides the Guide finally being somewhat responsive, recording a show is especially faster! In the past when I would set a Season Pass or just plain try recording a future show, it would sit with please wait for at least a minute or more. Now it's a LOT faster.

I'm sure it's been said but for those that don't have it yet, make sure your phone is plugged in and working. I just switched to Vonage and had to get that working first. I can look at my outgoing calls on my Vonage account and one morning when I saw it dialed out for a minute and then saw just a little later there was an 8 minute phone call, I was hoping that was the update. Sure enough, when I got home it was.

I finally gave up on waiting - and performed a "manual" upgrade. Darn upate file had been sitting there since 9/23 waiting for the "go ahead"

fkostyn said:
I finally gave up on waiting - and performed a "manual" upgrade. Darn upate file had been sitting there since 9/23 waiting for the "go ahead"

So how do you preform a "manual" upgrade? Thanks.

I was surprised that I finally got the update last night. Everything now seems exactly like my Standard R10 Tivo box.

It just really stinks that D* could have released this update a very long time ago but they wait until now when the Box is being phased out because of Mpeg-4. I know the box will still work with HD for some time but I have to imagine that pretty much any new HD channels we get will be Mpeg-4 from now on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts