my new toy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did you ever get this dish outside where it belongs? :)

What did your wife think about you assembling this dish inside? :) My wife yelled just because I blocked her view of the bird feeder.

I cant wait to get a BUD. The ideal place would be my wifes pretty garden:)
She would would make herself a widow if i tried! The only place would be up on the addition where I currently have mu KU dishes. Anyone have any examples of a homebrewed mount for a six ft BUD??

Did you ever get this dish outside where it belongs? :)

What did your wife think about you assembling this dish inside? :) My wife yelled just because I blocked her view of the bird feeder.
No my wife did not mine.I only kept the dish for one week.It work find.
I bought a 8.5 ft dish and sold the 6ft dish to a member here.

The ideal place would be my wifes pretty garden
She would would make herself a widow if i tried!

i have mine about 10 ft in the air ( above ground) so a garden would grow around and under it if needed and if its a mesh it won't block all the sun. just bury the cable deep :)

My wife yelled just because I blocked her view of the bird feeder.

mount it a bit high and hang the feeders on the bottom of the dish .... i tend to find birds like something close by like a tree or something they can use to block a quick attack from others....

George, Well, I like the idea of 10ft in the air. I suggested that to her and she still hates the idea of having a dish near or in her garden. My bird feeder is in the garden and that she doesn't mind. I still think the dish would look good in the garden!:) What kind of cable did you use to bury in the ground? Anyone around here ever use rg-11? That cable looks really thick tough. I suspect you would get less signal loss.

I was out working on a dish the other day that had RG11.. that stuff is huge! I would not want to put holes in my house large enough for rg11 *laf* I am thinking of doing my "long run" with RG11, but first, I am going to do a straight run by eliminating two barrel connectors that are in my current run... using some flooded rg6 quad grounded cables and some decent ends and see how the signal looks. I am digging "ditches" this week to run 1.5" diameter tubing underground from all my dishes and into the house so that I can pull any additional cable through without digging anymore (or worrying about the dog digging it up!)

I really like the tubing idea! you could keep a tape in it to run any new cables through it.
I have a tool shed with my direct tv dish mounted on it, I wonder if a BUD could fit somewhere behind DTV dish. I'll have to get the tape measure out after work tommorow. Hey wildboys, congrats on the 8.5 footer! I know of at least 3 10 footers in my area that are just sitting there.
I need to knock on some doors soon to see if I can put them to good use!

This dish is the polar mount version of the 6ft C-band prime focus dish that we seel. See #1 here: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/C_Band_satellite_dish.htm
is it possible to buy just the poar mount ? i have a 6ft dish with the 2 rings base i much perfere the mount ,i dont know why you cant sell it seperetly as a kit upgrade or something like that . im sure you would sell some .i think its a way better set up than a palet and bricks to balast it (dish)down.also eventually order a motor for it. i ordered a bsc621 ku/cband, it arrived a few days ago it works fine.thanks guys,best regards amc1.

AMC1

Right now we don't have Cthis part separately. We will try to get a few in stock and will make an announcement once we have it available. Thanks for the suggestion.

Attachments

• 180CMP-Polar-Mount-copy.jpg
    180CMP-Polar-Mount-copy.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 201
Sadoun Satellite Sales thanks for the response .how long will it be before you will be getting any ? i want 1 yesterday.give me a pm as soon you have any and total price .cant get them here in canada. i bought my dish from fortechstar . they cant get any .let me know as soon as you have anything PLEASE!!!?

Sadoun -

I think the above post says it all.
There is a demand.

If you can get an exclusive, I'd bet you could move a bunch of the mounts!
Maybe even to folks with other dishes... say, Primestars, maybe??
Come up with a 22º (?) wedge to make it work!
And if the price were really aggressive, they'd fly out the door.
You might even sell some actuators and see your Vbox sales zoom, as well!

I can't believe so many have overlooked this opportunity - I thought it was obvious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)