My PS3 is dead

true

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Indiana
Ok I hope some one on here can help. i turn my ps3 on i hear the hard drive fire up but nothing else happens no picture the wireless controlers dont work they dont reconize the ps3 put a game in it spins but nothing else happens. any body with any sugestions or help would be a great help to me.:(

I assume you have checked your cables and made sure you were on the correct input on your TV/AV receiver? Maybe something came lose. Any sound? How are you connected?

My suggestion, send a private message to Black Hitachi. Something similar happened to mine and he gave me instructions on what to do. It involved taking the hard drive out and reformatting it. I cant remember how I did it, all I know is that Black Hitachi saved my PS3 and it has worked perfectly since then, about 12 months ago.

FJ

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help you, but that happened to me. I unplugged the unit for about 30 minutes and rebooted the machine, and it worked again.

ditto Paul. Same deal here but I left it unplugged for a couple of hours. My power button didn't even work. It fired right up after the period of suspended animation.

I thought I was a victim of that heat issue we all heard about a year ago. As a precaution, I have an ample size fan circulating cool air around the PS3.

Thanks for all the replies. I called sony and talked to a tec we ran through every thing, cables, took out the hard drive put it back in, powered up and down. nothing worked. The tec told me i would have to send it in to get it fixed and that it would cost me $149.00 to get it fixed thats shiping to and from and what ever is wrong with it so i guess that is better than buying a new one witch is around $400.00 thanks everyone for your help thats whats nice about this sight everyone is ready to help no matter what it is.:)

Thanks for all the replies. I called sony and talked to a tec we ran through every thing, cables, took out the hard drive put it back in, powered up and down. nothing worked. The tec told me i would have to send it in to get it fixed and that it would cost me $149.00 to get it fixed thats shiping to and from and what ever is wrong with it so i guess that is better than buying a new one witch is around $400.00 thanks everyone for your help thats whats nice about this sight everyone is ready to help no matter what it is.:)

Sorry about your PS3. I had hoped my suggestion would have helped. Let us know how this all works out. Check locally, you might find somebody who can service your's without having to eat shipping charges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)