My Review (Week of Service)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I thought I'd share my opinion to help those who are thinking about switching from E*.

I was hooked up last Monday with D*. I have been with E* for 4 years straight (9 years off and on). With E* I had a 722 and a 222.

So far the only things that I don't like on the HR24 is once in a blue moon when I hit buttons mainly the list buttons about 30 seconds later it finally displays. Main thing I hate is when you're not in live tv and you bump a button it switches to live without asking and the lack of a live TV button. The guide is a little smaller but I think my eyes adjusted to this.

Over all I think this compares to to the 722. It's nice that you can record 1 show without one of the rooms losing the ability to watch tv, I love the whole home DVR, I also like the tv apps, the score guide, and above all MLB network and 24/7 RSN. Rain fade is compared to E*.

Theres nothing that I hate enough that I regret switching. I don't know if this helps anyone thinking of switching but that's my opinion after a week.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am considering changing to Direct from Dish. I have a 622 and use the swap button to buffer two shows quite often. Have you used the duel play feature much and how does it compare?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)