My Shop has a hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just talked to my distributor and they have had the Hopper 3 in stock for a while now. I'm able to place my order now they just can't ship anything until Dish gives the word. Before you ask, no, I was not given a date yet. :biggrin

Ok, I placed my order for a Hopper 3, two Joey 2 receivers, a solo hub and the hybrid LNB. I was told it will ship out next week. He told me probably the 25th. According to the retailer chat they said retailers would get them 3 days before the release which would put it at the 28th like previously posted on here. Still nothing official but it's something.

I just talked to my distributor and they have had the Hopper 3 in stock for a while now. I'm able to place my order now they just can't ship anything until Dish gives the word. Before you ask, no, I was not given a date yet. :biggrin

Ok, I placed my order for a Hopper 3, two Joey 2 receivers, a solo hub and the hybrid LNB. I was told it will ship out next week. He told me probably the 25th. According to the retailer chat they said retailers would get them 3 days before the release which would put it at the 28th like previously posted on here. Still nothing official but it's something.
The retailer I bought from said that Dish told him Monday the 25th to order. Pushed back by one week.

My hand has a "muscle memory" for the Dish 40.0 remote and the TiVo Peanut remote I use for OTA recording and some streaming.
Same here. I don't even need to look at the 40.0 remote at all. It's become as easy as typing on a keyboard. I don't need to learn a new remote just because they added voice control which I most likely would not use either.

Reactions: lakebum431
The retailer I bought from said that Dish told him Monday the 25th to order. Pushed back by one week.

I asked if they had them in stock and they did. Plenty of Hopper 3 and Joey 2 receivers. They said I could preorder them and it would ship when Dish gives the word. He said it wouldn't ship until next week so I asked if he had an idea of which day. He told me the 25th would be likely but he didn't know when they would be available to customers. Dish said that retailers would get them three days before they were available to customers so it sounds right to me.

I asked if they had them in stock and they did. Plenty of Hopper 3 and Joey 2 receivers. They said I could preorder them and it would ship when Dish gives the word. He said it wouldn't ship until next week so I asked if he had an idea of which day. He told me the 25th would be likely but he didn't know when they would be available to customers. Dish said that retailers would get them three days before they were available to customers so it sounds right to me.
In case I've missed it....

Are the Joey 2's automatically included with H3 upgrades or must they be ordered separately. I thought I'd seen comments about compatibility with current Joeys but I certainly want the more quicker response if I can get it.

In case I've missed it....

Are the Joey 2's automatically included with H3 upgrades or must they be ordered separately. I thought I'd seen comments about compatibility with current Joeys but I certainly want the more quicker response if I can get it.

You would have to request them or Dish is going to look at your set up and make it so your old Joeys get swapped out. If you call Dish they will know what you need.

I have two hoppers a Joey 1 and a Wireless Joey. I will obviously be replacing one older Hopper with the Hopper 3. The other Hopper and Joey 1 will be replaced with Joey 2 receivers. The Wireless Joey will stay put.

Reactions: D. Manley
Same here. I don't even need to look at the 40.0 remote at all. It's become as easy as typing on a keyboard. I don't need to learn a new remote just because they added voice control which I most likely would not use either.

I don't think that the voice remote could understand my Southern Appalachian accent. You ever watch "Moonshiners" Sound close to them, particularly the ones from Tennessee, Mark and Digger. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
You would have to request them or Dish is going to look at your set up and make it so your old Joeys get swapped out. If you call Dish they will know what you need.

I have two hoppers a Joey 1 and a Wireless Joey. I will obviously be replacing one older Hopper with the Hopper 3. The other Hopper and Joey 1 will be replaced with Joey 2 receivers. The Wireless Joey will stay put.
Thanks for the clarification - so, I take it that Joey 2.0 is an actual designation now & marked as such (no more checking the manufacturing date)?

EDIT: Final question...am I correct that the Joey 2 is merely upgraded hardware from the original and the upcoming 4K Joey is a different model altogether?

There are distinct models:

Joey (now referred to as "Joey 1")
Joey 2 (released around the beginning of 2014, also referred to as Joey CR)
Wireless Joey
SuperJoey
4K Joey

I just called my store and they said the hopper 3 will be in their system Thursday and then they can schedule it. He said they have them in stock now. He also said since I was a new customer the hopper and the joeys were free, I'd just have to pay $50 for the 4K Joey.

Reactions: bluegras
I just called my store and they said the hopper 3 will be in their system Thursday and then they can schedule it. He said they have them in stock now. He also said since I was a new customer the hopper and the joeys were free, I'd just have to pay $50 for the 4K Joey.
Very cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)