My Shop has a hopper 3

i would try and ask scott here on the forum he lives in CT he will be glad to help you out.

I picked a zip code for New Haven CT and the first (6) are for Cellular Connection. Don't bother with them.... They sell mobile phones and related stuff and for some silly reason can sign you up for Dish service. That's all they do - sign you up.

Come to think of it, I do have a few questions about the new setup, if anyone happens to know...

• The new Hybrid LNB... Right now I have a 1000.4 dish pointed at 61.5, 72 and 77. I read that the new LNB is designed to work with the 1000.2 dish, but would it still work with the 1000.4 dish? I was under the impression that the only difference between the 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes themselves was that the size of the 1000.4 was a bit larger.

• Since my dish is already pointed at 61.5 and 72, would it just be a simple manner of unscrewing the current LNB and attaching the new one? Or would I need to re-point the dish again?

• What's lost as a result of not being able to see 77? Would I still be able to get my eastern locals in HD without 77?

I have a question about the hopper3.I was reading some literature about installing the hopper3 and it said cant install hopper3 without the joey 2.0.The way it was written you can take 2 ways,i have a hopper2 no joey activated will they install the hopper3 with no joey activated?

Reactions: oljim
Come to think of it, I do have a few questions about the new setup, if anyone happens to know...

• The new Hybrid LNB... Right now I have a 1000.4 dish pointed at 61.5, 72 and 77. I read that the new LNB is designed to work with the 1000.2 dish, but would it still work with the 1000.4 dish? I was under the impression that the only difference between the 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes themselves was that the size of the 1000.4 was a bit larger.

• Since my dish is already pointed at 61.5 and 72, would it just be a simple manner of unscrewing the current LNB and attaching the new one? Or would I need to re-point the dish again?

• What's lost as a result of not being able to see 77? Would I still be able to get my eastern locals in HD without 77?
Can't put the new Hybrid LNB on a 1000.4 dish, not compatible with shape of dish. You can use the same mast and just replace the dish assembly with a 1000.2.

I have a question about the hopper3.I was reading some literature about installing the hopper3 and it said cant install hopper3 without the joey 2.0.The way it was written you can take 2 ways,i have a hopper2 no joey activated will they install the hopper3 with no joey activated?

I believe it means they will only allow a Joey 2 or better with the Hopper 3. There shouldn't be any restrictions on having a Hopper 3 by itself.

You will need to trade the .4 dish for a .2 dish. Your locals are on 61.5, so there is no need for 77 in your case.

The video either has to be old or the CUI that they just pulled from us is what it is going to be and not going to be all that different and "updated" as rumored. I'm not impressed.

I'm working all week, I work for a Dish RSP as a tech. Just been hearing non stop about the Hopper 3 . Supposed to get a glimpse here soon. I'll post pics and a video when I see it.
Just get permission first. Most things of the nature will be included in an NDA. It takes two seconds to ask the boss permission and likely you'll get a yes.

Reactions: DishTech0607

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts