My Sirius reception sucks

A

antfarmman

Nov 12, 2005
My radio reception really sucks , it only works decent in the late afternoon and even then I get fm radio bleed through . Most of the time it just goes between fm and sirius while I drive . anyone else have this problem??? :mad:

RicS

RicS

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2004
Sounds like you are driving in an area where the FM station has a strong signal in the afternoon. The Sirius receivers allow you to change the FM frequency in the Menu options, just switch to an open channel, not one that is used by an active station. Something else I have done since I live in ATL and have lots of FM stations, just remove your antennae (if possible) to decrease the signals from the FM stations.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Some receivers have a piece that you can wire up from the unit to the radio and when you turn on the Sirius, it cuts the radio antenna off.

Guess I lucked out with mine…I have the unit that allows you to pick a frequency between 87.7-107.9

Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have a friend that bought one and had the same problem. It was cutting in and out and he heard the local radio station coming in. They also charged him on his bill more than what was agreed upon and wanted to charge $2.00 invoice fee per month. He had it shut off! Did not even have it for a week.

P

puck71

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 17, 2005
How can he be charged more than agreed upon? Sirius only has one price/one plan...

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
actually they have a couple plans
12.95 a month or you can pay a year up front (which gives you a month free) or lifetime (of the radio...not you)

C1787GJ

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
There lifetime of the unit fee can be transfered for like 50 dollars I heard. Also they have a 2 year plan which gives you 3 months free.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
must be new

when I signed up last x-mas, it was 12.95 a month...140 something for a year and 499 for lifetime

Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
If you have a cassette player in you car/truck you can a cassette adapter from Radio shack. I use that when I travel because it's hard to find a blank frequency when you are in different areas. Also you do not have to have the volume cranked up as high.