My Sirius reception sucks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

antfarmman

Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
My radio reception really sucks , it only works decent in the late afternoon and even then I get fm radio bleed through . Most of the time it just goes between fm and sirius while I drive . anyone else have this problem??? :mad:

Sounds like you are driving in an area where the FM station has a strong signal in the afternoon. The Sirius receivers allow you to change the FM frequency in the Menu options, just switch to an open channel, not one that is used by an active station. Something else I have done since I live in ATL and have lots of FM stations, just remove your antennae (if possible) to decrease the signals from the FM stations.

Some receivers have a piece that you can wire up from the unit to the radio and when you turn on the Sirius, it cuts the radio antenna off.

Guess I lucked out with mine…I have the unit that allows you to pick a frequency between 87.7-107.9

I have a friend that bought one and had the same problem. It was cutting in and out and he heard the local radio station coming in. They also charged him on his bill more than what was agreed upon and wanted to charge $2.00 invoice fee per month. He had it shut off! Did not even have it for a week.

actually they have a couple plans
12.95 a month or you can pay a year up front (which gives you a month free) or lifetime (of the radio...not you)

If you have a cassette player in you car/truck you can a cassette adapter from Radio shack. I use that when I travel because it's hard to find a blank frequency when you are in different areas. Also you do not have to have the volume cranked up as high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)