My True South Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sweet...your getting there :):):D

yes it should be there once you go near 176. If it doesnt...move it 1/4" and wait a little bit. Microyals can take a little bit to ping the signal

Quality still zero however - maybe a cable? I think most eveything else is correct.

John

Well mother nature send rain so todays activities must end. :(

However something is not right - my signal strength does not change regardless of what satelitte I am choosing - that makes no sense to me, or it is that the receiver takes some time to catch up?

Another pic of my settings so please advise if you see anything wrong.

Thanks!

John

Attachments

• IMAG0052.JPG
    IMAG0052.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 127
Changed! And now when I chnage a sat the signal strength drops - which does make more sense!

Hopefully the rain will stop so that I can go try some more.

I can not ever tell you how much I appreciate your help and of course Pete's help.

I can not wait otm ake it work and the find omse more satelittes - I am very interested in Galaxy 10 - I am Greek and that is where some Greek programming exists.

Thanks a bunch and if you think of anything else please do let me know.

John

Since I am grounded due to weather - I have a question for you.

It appears that the pre-programmed values in my receiver are wrong - where do I find the correct ones for every satellite?

Thank you!

John

And how about the transpoders? Once a satellite is found it downloads all the trasnpoders or I have to go one by one?

Lots to learn!!

John

Should I hasve anything on the Quality bar? It is always 0 and no movement at all

I have a Microyal 1000 (I think thats the model) and the quality bar is bouncing around and grey until I get a signal, then it turns yellow

So what might be the problem? With the exception of the moment that strength turned orange and there was a small orange quality there is nothing in the quality area and it reads zero - and that happened while the motor was moving the dish and I have not been able to repeat it!

If you have any ideas on what I might be able to check I will greatly appreciated it.

Thank you.

I would check all angles...motor one looks right but the dish might be off a little bit. I can't tell in the 1st batch of pictures. Sometimes you mighty have to adjust the dish angle...dont touch the motor one. A little movement can make a big difference

PSb said your dish should be at 24. I can't see if there is a line for elevation. If there isn't, then the normal rule of thumb is the middle of the nut you tighten.

Some dishes have a line for elevation..

There is a line and it is right on 24 - look at the pic and tell me what you think.

Thanks

John

Attachments

• IMAG0039A.JPG
    IMAG0039A.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 104
couldnt see it originally :)

You might want to try and tweak it....move it maybe 1/16".

Otherwise you might have to try and get a signal without the motor involved.

And then how do you get th motor back? Seems one would have to start from scrach!

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)