My tuners are recording? during a signal test?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
WTF??? I cant watch anything on the HR20. When I select a channel it says Available tuners are recording. Select one of them to tune to "whatever channel I chose". Ealier I went to menu before this started and tried to look at signal strengths. It said that would interrupt a scheduled signal test which I guess is now going on? WTF???:confused:

Ok I tried to view signal strength to interrupt the test and it does not interrupt it. Enough of this time to reboot.

It's called the double secret blind recording signal test. I thought everyone knew they were going on. :p

I don't know? i would just unplug the damn thing and start again.

I also got that once. Make sure your not testing about 30 minutes before a scheduled recording. If you have to do a signal test, do it when your not recording anything for a few hours. I did get that message too. Just simply unplug and reboot your system. That should take care of the problem.

Ok I tried to view signal strength to interrupt the test and it does not interrupt it. Enough of this time to reboot.

This happened to me a number of times. I wasn't recording anything and I didn't ask for any signal test. Waiting a while didn't fix it, RBR did. Some type of glitch I guess.

This happened to me a number of times. I wasn't recording anything and I didn't ask for any signal test. Waiting a while didn't fix it, RBR did. Some type of glitch I guess.
My hard drive only had 3% left, that could have had something to do with it.

I just had this problem a couple of hours ago! I have 80% available. I did a RBR and everthing is good now. I did try to do a signal strength test within an hour of a scheduled recording, so maybe that's the trigger for this problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)