my v signals go and com what can it be

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
some times thy go for seconds some times hrs or days somtimes i have to move the lnb so they can come back what can it be

we need some more information.
type of equipment your using and signal your receiving dvb / dvb-s2 / analog / digiciper
type of lnb / lnbf if lnb is it a co-rotor or polorotor
loss is only on vertical channels does it drop to zero on the signal meter
explain sometimes move the lnb and signal comes back.

By description it sounds like you're close to the issue if disturbing the LNBF brings it back.

Is the LNBF securely attached to the scalar? Feed support arm(s) OK for maintaining feed focus? Coax cable connector and cable OK near moving pivots or objects? Water ingress or corrosion at the ground block on the cable (if equipt)? Bees or insects nesting in or near the opening of the feed?

Can you take a photo?

so what resolved the issue?

I have had some problems with the V channels on the satmex birds and I still can't figure out what the heck is wrong, a couple of channels, like Globovision go up and down from 0 to 90% quality when I try to watch it on the Coolsat 6000, the only way I am able to watch it now is if I loop out from the Coolsat and connect it to my DVBWorld tuner, I know it makes no sense, maybe the Coolsat is acting up

I have vertical problems on one of my dishes. The Birdog says that the cabling and LNBF are OK but I haven't gone out to the dish to see what voltage I'm getting at the LNBF end when trying to get a vertical transponder. My vertical problem is on all sats. The LNBF is a GeosatPro C2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts