MyNetwork TV?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
What are Fox doing with MNTV? What is My Network TV meant to be? What really is a programming service. All it seems to have is double episodes of shows like Agents of Shields and Ninja Warrior every week night. These shows were already free on broadcast networks. It would be better if they had shows from cable like they had Walking Dead. Other than close it, what should be done with the channel? The cheap original programming that it used to have is better than the format it has now?

What are Fox doing with MNTV? What is My Network TV meant to be? What really is a programming service. All it seems to have is double episodes of shows like Agents of Shields and Ninja Warrior every week night. These shows were already free on broadcast networks. It would be better if they had shows from cable like they had Walking Dead. Other than close it, what should be done with the channel? The cheap original programming that it used to have is better than the format it has now?
Let's see how much trouble I get into for giving you a truthful answer. If you don't like the programming don't watch it. It must appeal to some viewers or they wouldn't have advertising to keep them on the air.

I have access to 3 My Networks here, Harrisburg, Baltimore and Washington and none of them play the 2 shows you listed. Mostly sitcom comedies, talk shows and game shows here with a few Law and Orders mixed in. My wife regularly catches up on some of the sitcoms she missed on network TV, Last Man Standing, 2 Broke Girls, etc.

Those comedy shows like 2 broke girls, last man standing could be on any local network like your local abc, fox. They are syndicated shows and are not MyNetworkTV programming. It would be better if they showed shows from cable that are getting their first free to air broadcast that everyone cant watch like shows from TBS, TNT, USA Network and WGN America.

Those comedy shows like 2 broke girls, last man standing could be on any local network like your local abc, fox. They are syndicated shows and are not MyNetworkTV programming. It would be better if they showed shows from cable that are getting their first free to air broadcast that everyone cant watch like shows from TBS, TNT, USA Network and WGN America.

I don't agree and I agree. ) The shows you mentioned in syndication and ones like them, 2 Broke Girls , Last Man Standing are not seen on any other channels in either market I live in, Ct/Hartford or Tampa. Those shows when in syndication are not normally on one of the local Networks. Sure on Holiday breaks and a couple times during the season there is a rerun of a show on the Network in a very hit and miss way, but even in Summer now many shows get no or limited reruns. In fact that is how syndication normally works, each channel in the market bids on it and they get it and it generally isn't shown on other channels in rerun. So from that perspective My Channel and other independent channels serve a purpose.

You make an excellent point about getting shows from Cable that may be harder to watch when they were first run for some people. I don't know if cost is an issue or why it doesn't happen more but I have a guess. Many of them are part of subscriptions to Netflix or Amazon, Hulu etc.

Last man standing is only on mytv here in the fort Wayne area and 2 broke girls. mytv has major crimes my mom loves that show i do too. that show is on tnt so i am glad its on ota.

1. What do you think Fox should/will do with My Network TV going forward? It has been extended until 2020. Some of the My Network TV stations seems to be rebranding to Fox+. Could there be a full rebrand in a year or two to Fox+. It currently shows double bills of network TV shows 5 nights a week in primetime such as Ninja Warrior, Dateline and Law and Order: Criminal Intent. Could we see older Fox shows airing if it rebrands to Fox+. It seems to be forgotten about by Fox since original programming was dropped. It aired The Walking Dead a year or two ago. It would be good if it aired some shows from cable rather than network shows. How does it do in ratings now?

I don't think they know what they are going to do with Fox itself much less MyNetwork.

All they ever show on My Network tv is old reruns from the main network tv channels. I don't really see any reason to keep it around.

The story hasn't changed since you posted this same question on January 4th of last year. The reality is that Fox is having some difficulty remaining relevant as they've specialized so much of their programming onto cable channels. Their flagship broadcast shows are being picked up by other networks. CW seems to be sticking it to them in some of their most important demographics.

No amount of reasoning, plotting or planning is going to help us understand or influence what Fox does.

When MyNetworkTV started in 2006, its first two original programs were a pair of telenovelas called "Desire" and "Fashion House."

Much of the schedule of each MyNetworkTV affiliate was padded out with local and syndicated programming outside of primetime by their affiliates.

Most MyNetworkTV affiliates were the other half of the former UPN and WB affiliates that weren't picked up by The CW.

Much like The CW's green logo being used by most of their affiliates, MyNetworkTV has had a uniform branding scheme with their rectangular logo which uses two alternating shades of blue and gray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)