Name a channel/channels you want DirecTV to add...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One of your wishes is coming soon. I don't know if you saw it, but Pac 12 is testing now so look for it on 612 soon!
ok on directv there is no channel 612 so am wondering if someone has the wrong station number so am wondering if this information i correct or not ? i live on the central oregon coast and my directv system does not have this channel on my line up it goes from 611 to 615

Reactions: whitewolf8214
ok on directv there is no channel 612 so am wondering if someone has the wrong station number so am wondering if this information i correct or not ? i live on the central oregon coast and my directv system does not have this channel on my line up it goes from 611 to 615

You can't see testing signals. I can't either, but a few people can. Those people reported it in testing last week. Check this forum to see when ch 612 becomes active.... (if it does. There is no guarantee.)

PAC 12 SAYS CHANNEL 612 IS BEING TESTED BUT THERE IS NO CHANNEL 612 ON MY DIRECTV LINE UP GRRRR WHY ISNT PAC 12 BEING ADDED LIKE IT SAYS MAYBE SOMEONE HAS THE WRONG STATION NUMBER

You can't see a testing signal. They are in negotiations to add the Pac12, and the signal was launched IN TESTING last week. When the channel IS NOT TESTING, you will be able to see it. There are already threads about the Pac12 situation. Yesterday, it was widely speculated that it was going to be live today, but it's not. Follow the Pac12 thread (Rumor Alert) to learn more.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Discovery Family in HD would be great.
Since MTV and VH1 don't really play music anymore, additional music channels, like SWRV HD, Revolt HD, Music Choice, MTV Hits & Jamz, CMT Pure Country, etc... GAC in HD please.
Epix would be nice if its added to the HD Extra pack. I wouldn't want to pay another showtime like monthly fee for it. That package needs some value added to it anyway. It has 1 good channel IMO, Palladia.

A good start, aside from Pac-12 Network, would be to add everything that DirecTV has in standard definition which are available in high definition on AT&T U-verse.

I would like to see EPIXDVN - Epix Drive-In. Time Warner used to have this, it was part of a the EPIX group of pay channels. They had it on for free one Saturday, before I came to DirecTV, and it was fun.

Also I would like to see OAN - One America News Network. This is a new up-and-coming channel that is seeing some growth on cable. I have read that DirecTV wants to hear from people to gauge interest before they add it to their lineup. Many just don't know about it yet. If you are interested and want to see OAN added, call DirecTV and tell them you are interested. (I see it is already on ATT UVerse, so this may be in the works or somewhere down the line already)
One America news network is owned by the same company that owns a wealth of entertainment (AWE)

WNDY TV(My Indy 23) in HD.The station comes in terrible 24 hours a day,almost impossible to watch Cubs games which is carried by them for the first time this past season.It's the worst Local channel I have on DirecTV from Both Dayton and Indianapolis..

Reactions: ComcastOgre
Iceberg is spot on about the Roku for international news channels. Not only is there an app to watch France 24 English, but also the these channels (though some don't have their own apps): CCTV News, CNC World, Deutsche Welle, EuroNews, i24 News, NDTV 24x7, NHK World, RTE News Now, Russia Today, Sky News

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing these channels on DirecTV:

AWE HD (some great shows on there like a better version of Fine Living that I used to watch on Roku)
BET Hip-Hop (seriously doubtful this comes since I only know of 1 tiny provider who carries it)
El Rey HD (don't really get into From Dusk Til Dawn, but Lucha Underground in HD would be great)
Epix Suite (3rd after Starz and HBO in terms of great variety IMO)
FNTSY Sports Network HD (great for news and preparing for fantasy football)
GAC HD (SD PQ is terrible but I like a lot of the reality programming and fix-it shows)
Military History HD (great variety of new and older History programming and my #1 request)
mtvU (not a big request but Woodie Awards and some other original programming look good)
Pop TV HD (only requesting the HD upgrade because TNA will be moving to Pop)
Revolt HD (only heard how good it is, but I love hip-hop so and this is owned by P. Diddy)
Soundtrack Channel (great unique variety with artists like Thomas Newman and Hans Zimmer too)
YouToo TV (not a big request but Paragon Pro Wrestling and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood)

CCTV News is available on Directv... Ch 2119. It is on the 119 satellite so a simple LNB swap will get it. I think it's in most of the packages but many don't know it's available because it's on the 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts