NASA TV location

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Hey guys is NASA no longer on AMC6?? I can't find it for anything today, can get the CW channels and Penn Cable, and a set of bars that say KSC-TV but nothing else......thanks
(search will not work for me either-everything I put in it says "Under minimum word length")

Hey guys is NASA no longer on AMC6?? I can't find it for anything today, can get the CW channels and Penn Cable, and a set of bars that say KSC-TV but nothing else......thanks
(search will not work for me either-everything I put in it says "Under minimum word length")
Humm.. I watched it this morning. Now its gone. Well I get a signal but no video maybe they are having issues?

Turbo -

I recorded the landing and got the following press interviews with the establishment (not the astronauts).
... though, I may have that too, as I pretty much recorded all day, while I was gone.

Shall I send you a DVD before I erase it?

Thanks Anole, but not necessary. I was just curious since I couldn't get the signal, but I think it is a polarity problem. I have another complete feedhorn I can try, probl do that tomorrow. I thought they were still using both sats but wasn't sure.
Get great signal on those CW channels, for a 5' dish lol.

I tried it again and it was still blank. I reset my limits and moved it over about 8 numbers over on my positioner. And poof NASA is back. :)

turbo
I just checked and NASA is booming in at 50 quality on the 6 footer...same parameters as normal

Yep thanks, forgot to follow this thread out..but I did get NASA going again on the 5' dish, may have been transmission problems after all, sounds like. After some tweaking with the dish motor, and elevation, swapping out lnbs and feedhorns I finally got a good steady signal. I knew it would work, as I had this tiny dish doing it last fall. Really need a good lnb to use a dish this small, esp with weaker digital. A wonder it works at all, hehe. Just fun to play around with.

W7 Virtical

turbo
I just checked and NASA is booming in at 50 quality on the 6 footer...same parameters as normal

I get Nasa on W7 virtical. But the signal is low. Very low. I have tried to adjust the dish (up and down) to no avail. I have a 10' fiberglass and get other KU and C Band very well.

Dows W6 have a better signal. Is it becuase I am in CO. that it is so low on signal?

I cant get it on W7 at all here in MN
W6 it comes in around 50-55 on the Pansat 1500....much stronger on there

I cant get it on W7 at all here in MN
W6 it comes in around 50-55 on the Pansat 1500....much stronger on there

THats od. I scanned W6 once and only got on MPEG2 NBC SAT MUX CH1, NBC CH2, NBC CH3, MBC CH4, SURF LINK 32 PATH1 OV,
001 OV, -1 OV, TV,

No nasa chanels on Vertical

sounds like you're scanning KU on AMC6

Scan C-band and you should get 8 channels
-Pennsylvania Cable Network
-3 CW channels
-4 NASA channels

check thelist at the top for the info....All are on Vertical polarity

I will double check that. I was getting TX loterey on C Band 22 NTSC but now I am not so I need to reture the dish since I have moved it.I get W3 ch. 20 University channel fine but not pulling in W6 anymore . But TX lotery does not transmit all the time.

Thanks

-3 CW channels
-4 NASA channels

-3 CW channels
-4 NASA channels

OK Iceburg,
I was playing with W6 today. And I got CH 22 TX lotery to come in on NTSC C band and the signal was 82
Best I could get was 84 signal.

So I switch the TP to 17 which is Vert, and I did a BLIND scan and scanned 4040 TP on the MPG2 and nothing. Cband that is.

About a couple weeks ago I got channles MPEG2 NBC SAT MUX CH1, NBC CH2, NBC CH3, MBC CH4, SURF LINK 32 PATH1 OV,
001 OV, -1 OV,
on Cband MPG2. Now nothing.

Any ideas?

Bob
I have an 8000 Sonicview.

-3 CW channels
-4 NASA channels

Iceburg,
Do you think the same inline amp I have on the KU side will work onthe C band side if I put it on the Cband LNB and see if it boosts the signal?

I wouldnt use an amp.

It sounds like you dont have the settings right. make sure the LNB frequency is at 5150. I know on my boxes AMC6 seems to have both C & Ku freqencies listed in the receiver. Make sure the LNB LO is at 5150 and scan V only

I wouldnt use an amp.

It sounds like you dont have the settings right. make sure the LNB frequency is at 5150. I know on my boxes AMC6 seems to have both C & Ku freqencies listed in the receiver. Make sure the LNB LO is at 5150 and scan V only

sure did all hyat. Still nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)