Nascar 08

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Anyone else play this for the ps3? I wanted to rent it but after calling around to all of the rental places none seemed to have it. Really wanting to play it i head out to gamestop to buy it. To my suprise they already had it used. I bought it for $55. I couldnt wait to get to my buddys to play it and he kept telling me to hurry over as he wanted to play it to. I got there and we couldnt figure out how to set up 2 player. I jokingly said maybe it wasnt 2 player and we both said who in the world would make a nascar game 1 player. Well finally we looked at the box and sure enough it was one player unless playing online. Why in the world would they make a game like this 1 player? Well, we decided to take turns only to find out the cars were extremely hard to drive. We both had trouble making it around the track without crashing. So far the only good thing ive found about the game is the graphics are amazing. Im seriously considering taking this back to gamestop. I can see why someone traded it in already.

I have it for the 360 and I first tried it with the controller and kept crashing. I pulled my wheel out and used it and I can say you definetly have to have a wheel to play this game. It is more sim than any nascar game has ever been for the console. I don't have alot of problems driving with the wheel, but I haven't played it alot.

I tried the demo on the 360 and couldn't keep the car on the track. Looks like you certainly need a wheel for this one. I used to play the Papyrus versions of Nascar Racing on the PC. You could have 30+ people in one race. To me, the console versions of Nascar will never measure up to the good ole days of Papyrus.

I would bet you cant do 2 player in person is due to the split screen necessary to do it, and they couldnt do the full graphics, I used to play 2 person in alot of games, but since the online gaming era began, I just hook up with those same people online to race/madden/etc.

You don't need the wheel for this game. It is very is to adjust the sensitivity of the controller. Once I did this I have no problems keeping the car on the track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)