Nascar 2009

And being honest . Dale Jr. is overrated. That is a fact. He's the Danica Patrick of NASCAR. He also had many advantages that other drivers haven't had.

Not going to dispute that Jr./team sucks. Can't argue that. That's been one of the few "facts" that you have stated. Almost all of your posts have been about ratings and how we only watch NASCAR for the wrecks. From what I have read from you is those things are what you base your passion in NASCAR on. This is an open forum, but don't for a minute think that I won't call you out for being a closed minded non fan of one of the most watched sports, on the planet.

Not going to dispute that Jr./team sucks. Can't argue that. That's been one of the few "facts" that you have stated. Almost all of your posts have been about ratings and how we only watch NASCAR for the wrecks. From what I have read from you is those things are what you base your passion in NASCAR on. This is an open forum, but don't for a minute think that I won't call you out for being a closed minded non fan of one of the most watched sports, on the planet.

I'm a fan of Good Racing and not a fan of one driver. I've watched it for years. That's why I criticize it when I see fault in it. Todays race was boring as well. Some of the Dale Jr fans won't admit that Jr. might just be an average driver.

Boring????? 3 and 4 wide racing. The threat of a rain shortned race. Top runners, to include my favorite driver, making mistakes in the pits, and on the track. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!. Not one driver has been the focus of this, or all the other races. You have stated more than once, that most people watch NASCAR for the wrecks. So the races are boring if we don't have a pile up every other lap. What ever!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet you still have not told us who your favorite driver is. So that tells me that "good racing" to you is a wreck fest. If what you see isn't good racing..............Maybe you should watch the IRL????????????? INDY?????????????? Oh wait, what channel, and when are they on 40+ weeks of the year???????????

I like good races, not just crashes.

The only issue I have with NASCAR are that some of the race names are changing for the worse (Goody's 500 or Sharpie 500? You decide)

Boring????? 3 and 4 wide racing. The threat of a rain shortned race. Top runners, to include my favorite driver, making mistakes in the pits, and on the track. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!. Not one driver has been the focus of this, or all the other races. You have stated more than once, that most people watch NASCAR for the wrecks. So the races are boring if we don't have a pile up every other lap. What ever!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet you still have not told us who your favorite driver is. So that tells me that "good racing" to you is a wreck fest. If what you see isn't good racing..............Maybe you should watch the IRL????????????? INDY?????????????? Oh wait, what channel, and when are they on 40+ weeks of the year???????????
IRL racing is really boring but the INDY 500 had some good wrecks this year.

I like good races, not just crashes.

The only issue I have with NASCAR are that some of the race names are changing for the worse (Goody's 500 or Sharpie 500? You decide)

So changing the name of the race changes the racing on the track??????????

IRL racing is really boring but the INDY 500 had some good wrecks this year.

I'm happy for you.

He probably bets on the wrecks :D

As a Dale Jr. fan and started out a Dale Sr fan ....
Yes, Dale gets all the attention, maybe if he didn't , he might be a better racer, anyone ever think about that ?
He never asked for the position of the most popular driver, it kinda was given to him from all the expectations piled on him.

You try being the son of the Top racer in recent times (in Sr's time) and see if the expectations are not tremendous.

I've watched Dale Jr. since the Grand National days.

No, he's not the best driver, not sure if any fans have ever said he was.
He's defiantly above avg. .... someone said he was avg at best.
He SHOULD be in the top 10, he's not this year, but not every year can be a great one.
If you look at ALL the drivers in NASCAR, 43 at least every week, avg. would be 21... I would say he's well above 21 as a racer.

Had he stayed with DEI, DEI would have profited, but Dale would still be struggling.

Personally, I think they SHOULD change Crew Chief's .... I like Eury Jr, but that doesn't mean someone else can't get Jr. to run better. I think neither of them make the correct calls and think that sometimes the one doesn't have any idea what the other wants to do to the car, or how to help it.

Nope. I bet with Dale Jr fans. In the past I have bet that he won't win a championship. Each year I find a fan to bet with me , I'm not so sure I will find one for next year.

That's a really big limb your going out on.

Not exactly Tiger Woods or the field.

There are way to many variables to do what your saying.

Last edited:
That's a rally big limb your going out on.

Not exactly Tiger Woods or the field.

There are way to many variables to do what your saying.
Have you ever talked to Dale Jr Fans at a track? They blame everyone but JR. for him not winning a championship. It's laughable. But now they have no excuses. Even if they fire his crew chief Dale Jr. will never win a Championship. And to be honest I don't think he really cares.

I'm sure they will fire his crew chief soon but then what? I don't care what any of the Jr. fans say, it's the driver. Just listen to him on the radio to his crew during the race. Even Gordon and Johnson have made references to it saying Jr. needs to know what to tell his crew chief. You either have that talent or you don't .

I'm just tired of the attention he got for years with little results .He won once last season, but has been pretty much mediocre in the 33 races since. He's finished outside the top 20 14 times during that time. He's got the best equipment now. No excuses. Just a bad driver.

Last edited:
Have you ever talked to Dale Jr Fans at a track? They blame everyone but JR. for him not winning a championship. It's laughable. But now they have no excuses. Even if they fire his crew chief Dale Jr. will never win a Championship. And to be honest I don't think he really cares.

I'm sure they will fire his crew chief soon but then what? I don't care what any of the Jr. fans say, it's the driver. Just listen to him on the radio to his crew during the race. Even Gordon and Johnson have made references to it saying Jr. needs to know what to tell his crew chief. You either have that talent or you don't .

I'm just tired of the attention he got for years with little results .He won once last season, but has been pretty much mediocre in the 33 races since. He's finished outside the top 20 14 times during that time. He's got the best equipment now. No excuses. Just a bad driver.

Disagree ....

It's a combination of things, is it Jr asking for the wrong things to be done or the crew chief doing the wrong thing or what he might think should be done.

Have him work with Chad Knaus for 1/2 a season, I bet he wins at least 3-4 races.

Jr's unfortunatly only worked with one crew chief and has never seen what should happen , therefore, he may not know any different.

You do have a point though, he has fame and money already, does he have the desire to do what it takes to win a championship ?

Jimbo

Disagree ....

It's a combination of things, is it Jr asking for the wrong things to be done or the crew chief doing the wrong thing or what he might think should be done.

Have him work with Chad Knaus for 1/2 a season, I bet he wins at least 3-4 races.

Jr's unfortunatly only worked with one crew chief and has never seen what should happen , therefore, he may not know any different.

You do have a point though, he has fame and money already, does he have the desire to do what it takes to win a championship ?

Jimbo

He's worked with another crew chief. Remember the switch they did when he was with DEI? Didn't they switch crews with Michael Waltrip at one point?

What about Reutiman?

Congratulations on you're first Win. Congrats to MWR!

You can't win a race if your not in position to. They gambled on the rain and won.

A win is a win. While I'm disappointed that the race barely made it past halfway that's the way it goes sometimes.

Isiah blasts Magic Johnson over criticisms in forthcoming book

What is NBC's "Football Night in America" obscuring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts