Nascar 2009

Wow, the crew cheif for Kenseth is now 2 for 2 in his career. Wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

Wow, the crew cheif for Kenseth is now 2 for 2 in his career. Wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

Only 3 racers have ever won the first two races before, so that would make the crew chief even more difficult, unless they were the same in each case.

Sort-of Side-note..

What's up with Ryan Newman's luck? I wasn't much of a fan of his, really, until he joined Tony and co. & now I need to pull for him for Tony's (success) sake. Jeez, him and his team have hit every bump along the way...the Auto Club 500 being no exception. Yet, Tony seems, so far, to be as competitive equally, if not more than @ Gibbs running Toyotas. I'm diggin' it. I just knew he'd average 35th or so the first year out :(. Glad to see so far I'm wrong.

What's up with Ryan Newman's luck? I wasn't much of a fan of his, really, until he joined Tony and co. & now I need to pull for him for Tony's (success) sake. Jeez, him and his team have hit every bump along the way...the Auto Club 500 being no exception. Yet, Tony seems, so far, to be as competitive equally, if not more than @ Gibbs running Toyotas. I'm diggin' it. I just knew he'd average 35th or so the first year out :(. Glad to see so far I'm wrong.
I'm expecting smoke to be in the 10-20 range when it's all said and done, the first year.

Jimbo

Tony has critics? :D Besides Goodyear after he critques their tires.

Now on to my driver and how Kenseth can't really seem to get any credit from the media for winning the first two races. It seemed to me like the guys on Fox were pulling so hard for Gordon to pass him that they must have money bet on Gordon. If it was Gordon or Johnson or even Carl Edwards who the media seems to like more there would be talk of domination, instead it seems kind of ho-hum, Kenseth won again. Is it just me? Maybe he's just too calm and uncontroversial to get much attention.

I'd just like to see him at least make the Chase...wouldn't be a bad first year by anyone's standards. Plus, it would prove all his critics wrong.

If Tony made the "Chase" this year, his first as a owner would he great for him and the company, I don't expect it, but would be happy if he did.

Jimbo

Tony has critics? :D Besides Goodyear after he critques their tires.

Now on to my driver and how Kenseth can't really seem to get any credit from the media for winning the first two races. It seemed to me like the guys on Fox were pulling so hard for Gordon to pass him that they must have money bet on Gordon. If it was Gordon or Johnson or even Carl Edwards who the media seems to like more there would be talk of domination, instead it seems kind of ho-hum, Kenseth won again. Is it just me? Maybe he's just too calm and uncontroversial to get much attention.

I think the networks are expected to push the Big stars (teams).
That said, I'm glad Matt won, he's a good guy, races fair and hard.

I didn't have time to watch the post race stuff, are the Nascar sites not giving him his due ?

As for money bet on Gordon/ Johnson, that would be a popular choice AND they are going to Vegas next week.

Jimbo

well, Jr's engine hurt me this week in the standing points. But over all a good race.

Dave Moody on The Back Stretch yesturday said the Hendrick moter builders found a batch of bad valve train parts from the same vender that were on both Jr, and Martins cars.

I think the networks are expected to push the Big stars (teams).
That said, I'm glad Matt won, he's a good guy, races fair and hard.

I didn't have time to watch the post race stuff, are the Nascar sites not giving him his due ?

As for money bet on Gordon/ Johnson, that would be a popular choice AND they are going to Vegas next week.

Jimbo

No. I think they could have given Matt and team more press exposer. That's bigger, in my opinion, than Shrubby winning races from two divisions in the same day.

Dave Moody on The Back Stretch yesturday said the Hendrick moter builders found a batch of bad valve train parts from the same vender that were on both Jr, and Martins cars.

No. I think they could have given Matt and team more press exposer. That's bigger, in my opinion, than Shrubby winning races from two divisions in the same day.

Personally, I think they cut away from the post at Daytona way too early .... didn't see this post race ...

What a coincidence....:rolleyes: If I were either Jr. or Martin, I'd be pissed.

Coincidence ???
No a coincidence at all .... it happens, if you listen long enough, you'll find that when something happens to a car they will look and see who also has that set up or vendor parts.

What I was disappointed in finding out last week is that Gordon and Johnson's cars are not built at the same shop as Jr's and Martin's ...
What ever happened to the Henrdick teams sharing info ?
I realixe that just because one car is set up one way that the next one is not, different drivers like different feel, but not even building in the same shop ?

Do we have a Hendrick A team and a B team ?

Jimbo

I realixe that just because one car is set up one way that the next one is not, different drivers like different feel, but not even building in the same shop ?

Jimbo
Vickers, Busch, and Mears all found out there are A & B teams.

Coincidence ???
No a coincidence at all ....

Jimbo

It's actually caused by the "black helicopters"

Coincidence ???
No a coincidence at all .... it happens, if you listen long enough, you'll find that when something happens to a car they will look and see who also has that set up or vendor parts.

What I was disappointed in finding out last week is that Gordon and Johnson's cars are not built at the same shop as Jr's and Martin's ...

Jimbo
Umm, that was sarcasm, Jimbo...meaning, I agree with what you said, that there's no coincidence. Jeff and Jimmie share a shop, Jr. and #5 (Martin) at the other <span style=color:white>Please wait... I think they throw experimental parts at the '"lower tier" drivers, if you will, sometimes. Jeff is lifetime with Hendrick, Jimmie is the current "golden egg" and of course, they're gonna get top-notch everything first. That's why I said if I were Jr. (especially being promised the best of everything Hendrick has to offer prior to signing. With that being said, Jr. needs to get his own s**t together, too.) or Mark (with his "final" chance to become Champion), I'd be pissed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)