Nascar 2011 Season

Also hear/read that Kyle's car didn't pass Post Race inspection and will be taken to NASCAR for further inspection.
It ended up being too low .... however, it did pass the pre race inspection.

$25 grand and 6 owners/drivers points lost

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has penalized the No. 18 team in the Sprint Cup Series as a result of rule infractions discovered during post-race inspection Sunday at Pocono Raceway.

The No. 18 car was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (body height requirements -- car failed to meet the minimum front car heights) of the 2011 NASCAR rule book.

As a result, crew chief Dave Rogers has been fined $25,000, while owner Joe Gibbs and driver Kyle Busch have been penalized with the loss of six championship owner and six championship driver points, respectively.

Joe Gibbs Racing released a statement Monday afternoon: "We brought the No. 18 car back to our race shop and have identified the problem which caused us to measure low during the post-race inspection process in Pocono [Sunday] afternoon. We have made NASCAR aware of our findings and we accept the penalty they have issued today."

Someone said that Mark Martin put Jr. in the wall on purpose, I find that hard to believe, what did you all think.
Again, I didn't see it, was out to eat for Fathers day ...

Jimbo said:
Someone said that Mark Martin put Jr. in the wall on purpose, I find that hard to believe, what did you all think.
Again, I didn't see it, was out to eat for Fathers day ...

I really doubt that. Thats the same line Mark ran all week end. Looked to me like Mark was already moving up on the track when Jr got a run on him. Kind of hard for either one to be aggressive to maneuver out of the way coming out of a turn as fast as they go there. Spotters should have warned both of the others line. Jr is coming fast on the outside, or Marks slower than you and moving up.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Mariners outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death in the Netherlands

Astros to the AL?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)