NASCAR 2013 season

2 words
KIM KARDASHIAN

It is my wish that she be denied gravity forcing her to float into the outer reaches of the atmosphere where upon reaching 60,000 ft, she would explode.
I am so sick of that ridiculous family.
Do you know who makes people like the Kardasians( mis spelled deliberately to mimic Star Trek NG) famous? MORONS!

It is my wish that she be denied gravity forcing her to float into the outer reaches of the atmosphere where upon reaching 60,000 ft, she would explode.
I am so sick of that ridiculous family.
Do you know who makes people like the Kardasians( mis spelled deliberately to mimic Star Trek NG) famous? MORONS!
I'd watch the ppv on that!

agreed!

but then what would TMZ talk about? ;)

Anywho back to NASCAR....saw a promo yesterday for the Sprint Unlimited with Tony Stewart and Miss Sprint Cup about how you can vote for various things in regards to the race....and ended with February 16th on FOX

agreed!

but then what would TMZ talk about? ;)

Anywho back to NASCAR....saw a promo yesterday for the Sprint Unlimited with Tony Stewart and Miss Sprint Cup about how you can vote for various things in regards to the race....and ended with February 16th on FOX

A friend of mine, Brooke Werner, just became one of the new Sprint Cup girls the other day. She made mention of it on her profile page - she used to be Miss Vermont so no huge surprise. Anyways, I was looking over the schedules for next year and saw the truck series is going to Tony Stewart's dirt track. Kind of excited for that. :)

I read earlier that the "Prelude to a Dream" will no longer be contested.
I suppose a CWTS race will be a good replacement.
I had always thought the Trucks should be running short tracks. And why not a dirt course.
Yeah, these races do tend to tear up more equipment, but it's a business.

I read earlier that the "Prelude to a Dream" will no longer be contested.
I suppose a CWTS race will be a good replacement.
I had always thought the Trucks should be running short tracks. And why not a dirt course.
Yeah, these races do tend to tear up more equipment, but it's a business.

I haven't seen anything about Prelude not running ... at least not as of yet.

Happy Days :)

yesterday I looked ahead in the Directv guide

Saturday night 2/16 at 7PM (Central) on Fox
NASCAR RACING :)

Yeah I'm so glad to see them make the car changes it's way over due the COT sucked!

Normally they do but I think it has to do with a couple things
-some tracks have a specific date for their race (like the 3rd Sunday of March as example)
-NASCAR didnt want to do the 2 weeks off in 5 weeks thing. In the past it was 3 weeks, week off, then race til Easter. This year Easter is the 6th week so they race 5 weeks, then get Easter off

They only get 2 weeks off this year....Easter and July 21st

Normally they do but I think it has to do with a couple things
-some tracks have a specific date for their race (like the 3rd Sunday of March as example)
-NASCAR didnt want to do the 2 weeks off in 5 weeks thing. In the past it was 3 weeks, week off, then race til Easter. This year Easter is the 6th week so they race 5 weeks, then get Easter off

They only get 2 weeks off this year....Easter and July 21st

Well thats a plus.

Yeah I'm so glad to see them make the car changes it's way over due the COT sucked!

Yep..the first COT with the wing type spoiler was a disaster. The updated model was better but still the cars were too aero dependent.
The speedway cars were designed for tandem drafting. NASCAR reduced the size of the opening to the radiator to make the drivers get out of line thus eliminating the two car tandem. Better, but it simply brought back pack racing.
Yes, the fans liked it but the driver that got out of line first, got buried.
On the non plate tracks, racing was fine until a driver got to the leader. At that point the aero dependency took over making almost impossible to pass the leader.
So we got to see "set up" racing. In other words, the teams that happened to "hit the set up" ran away from the field. Some races on the intermediate tracks had at the finish less than 10 cars on the lead lap.
NASCAR's hand was forced not by fan complaints, but by tumbling TV ratings and snail like ticket sales.
For example, the fall race here in Charlotte was run in front of about 60% capacity.
NASCAR's insistence on "making the cars equal" has taken the driver aspect put of the sport. The sport became dominated by pre race set up, pit strategy and fuel mileage.

Too long imho.:D They should have the 500 the week after the SB!

This may piss off quite a few. NASCAR calls the Daytona 500 "The Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing"..Why on Earth would the sport's management have their premier event at the beginning of the season?
IMO the Daytona 500 should be the LAST race of the season.
Too long? You bet....Why NASCAR has a 45 week season( including weeks off and non points events) is a mystery.
If I were King of NASCAR for a day, I'd make the following changes.
All non plate races would be shortened.
1.5 mile and 2 mile tracks 400 miles max.
All one mile tracks including Dover, max distance 300 miles.
Short track races would be unaffected.
All plate track races 500 miles.
The Coca Cola 600 and the Southern 500 remain the same for tradition's sake. And the summer even at Daytona remains as is at 400 miles.
The season is to begin with the first race on the third Sunday of February, Concluding on Labor Day Weekend with the Daytona 500.
Ok, here are my reasons....Race distances....Shorter races have many advantages. First, the cost to teams goes down. Less wear and tear, less fuel, fewer tires. With sponsor dollars becoming more difficult to come by, teams are cash strapped. Anything to help save them money and hopefully give these teams the opportunity to put the savings into the cars will help them be more competitive.
Shorter races at least in theory, add a sense of urgency to get into contention earlier in the race and compete. Plus, shorter races have smaller weather windows. Races should never take more than 3 hours. EVER.
Oh, one more rule change. A race is not official until two thirds of the laps have been completed. Half way just doesn't get it.
The schedule. Too long, too many events. Plus...and here's the big one...TV Ratings...After the start of NFL and the NCAA football seasons, NASCAR's tv ratings take a big tumble. I see no reason to take on the NFL.
This is a futile effort.
Yes, some tracks will lose events. So what. In order for the sport to be successful sacrifices will have to be made. If one looks back at the schedule prior to the boom in the mid 90's when NASCAR's popularity took off, the season was around 30 points events. Now we are at 36.
I have heard reactions to these ideas. There were those who object to shorter races saying the fans won't get their money's worth with shorter races. I counter that with all the races NASCAR has shortened already. Dover's two events used to be 500 miles. Before Darlington lost its second event, it was taken back to 400 miles. California's race is 400 miles down from 500. In fact all of the newer tracks on the schedule have races maxed out at 400 miles.
I think NASCAR has to get smaller to get bigger. Less being more.
Flame away!

Week 14- NFL Picks

Football As Football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)