Nascar 2018

Did you notice the Camaros seemed to start out like firecrackers then seemed to slow down? IDK. They don't allow all the testing we used to do, and the only thing to go by is last Sunday. I agree, a wreckfest.

Did you notice the Camaros seemed to start out like firecrackers then seemed to slow down? IDK. They don't allow all the testing we used to do, and the only thing to go by is last Sunday. I agree, a wreckfest.
I agree with everything you said and I will add I think the Camaro looks sharp just needs to be raised 2 or 3 inches, there's going to be some tweaks along the way I'm sure. Maybe after the 125's.......

Yeah, Stability went out the window when NASCAR dropped the ride height rule. That left the teams dragging the @$$ on the ground to keep the spoiler out of the air. Not a fan of the return of the "crab" look either...the body mounted crooked, so the cars look sideways when driving straight ahead. I thought NASCAR had reigned that in last year, but apparently not.

New Camaro's look bad@$$, though. Really wish SHR hadn't made the move away from Chevy. Fusion is bad enough...the thought of Kevin in a Mustang next year makes me physically ill. :confused:

Incidentally, was glad to see Chase get the #9. That really needed to happen.

Last edited:
Congrats...I thought the 4 & 14 were going to get there, but Chase held them off.

God those cars are a handful right now! :eek:
Yes, NASCAR screws around with them enough to make them even more dangerous ... the number of cars that went around without being touched was ridiculous.
Taking the air off the car is one thing (drafting, side drafting) but when you swing out to pass someone and your the typical 6" or less away from the guy and you spin him out without touching him, that is just BAD ... they had better do something about that RIGHT NOW.

Well that was a interesting 500 we didn't have 1 big one we had a bunch of them, I don't like these cars at all. If they don't do some tweaking its going to be a long season I'm afraid. At least a Chevy won lol.:biggrin

Reactions: Jimbo
Yes, NASCAR screws around with them enough to make them even more dangerous ... the number of cars that went around without being touched was ridiculous.
Taking the air off the car is one thing (drafting, side drafting) but when you swing out to pass someone and your the typical 6" or less away from the guy and you spin him out without touching him, that is just BAD ... they had better do something about that RIGHT NOW.
And as we thought, THIS came back to cause a wreck that took out a good number towards the end of the race ... never got touched and around they went, along with a bunch of others.

Reactions: Partysox