Nascar 2020

Be interesting to see how NASCAR fans react if he hits the wall.
2be4bb7c2edfb7e3aaf8920a7a14d40f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesjimcie
Bubba is certainly in the spotlight right now with all that is going on. He seems like a good talented dude. It would be interesting to see what he could do in better equipment.

Reactions: mccoyrj
It wouldn't surprise me to see Nascar viewership fall even more, if they start pushing a more social agenda. Some drivers are calling for a ban on the confederate flag at races too. Like other sports, people just want to see the talent do what they're paid to do. When they start bringing their personal agenda's into the sports, it most likely isn't going to go over well.

I'm already at the point that I'm tired of hearing anything about the NFL and MLB and won't be watching if it turns into some social/political popularity thing. College football appears to be heading that way too. I tried to watch a KBO game a couple days ago and just turned it off. The damn announcers wouldn't shut up and talked about everything but the game.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Nascar viewership fall even more, if they start pushing a more social agenda. Some drivers are calling for a ban on the confederate flag at races too. Like other sports, people just want to see the talent do what they're paid to do. When they start bringing their personal agenda's into the sports, it most likely isn't going to go over well.

I'm already at the point that I'm tired of hearing anything about the NFL and MLB and won't be watching if it turns into some social/political popularity thing. College football appears to be heading that way too. I tried to watch a KBO game a couple days ago and just turned it off. The damn announcers wouldn't shut up and talked about everything but the game.
I agree. I used to watch all sports. When I started watching nascar about 30 years ago, I eventually weaned myself off of the rest of them. I want to be entertained, not be told how to live my life.

Reactions: SamCdbs and mccoyrj
I get what you all are saying. I know there are important issues at play in the world right now, but I sure do miss the days when sports were just there for entertainment and a way to escape for a little while...now sports are just increasingly another way to shove all the world's troubles back in your face again. NASCAR is so ingrained in me, it would take a lot to walk away from it, at least as long as Harvick is still out there...he's kinda the last link to the drivers I grew up rooting for as a kid in the 80's. Not sure after that, but hopefully I'll latch on to someone. That said, I find myself less and less interested in the other pro/college sports...even though I grew up a big fan of nearly all of them as well.

I did,I am now a zero sports fan.

I’m getting there.

Australian Football is still my favorite plus some College baseball and softball. I’m about done with NFL and college football. I only watched a few games last year. Mainly rivalry games. NASCAR I’ve hardly watched the past few years, just some of the big races. Indy car is just Indy and sometime Texas. MLB I gave up on a decade ago, along with College basketball and the NBA too.

My youngest nephew moves to college this year and he chose a baseball scholarship over football, so I’ll keep a vested interest in college baseball while he is playing. Then see what happens, I may have to take a small interest in MLB in a few years.

Reactions: Elsguy
Agreed, NASCAR fans don't want to see politics, they want to see a race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)