NASCAR on TNT HD Stinks up the Joing

I thought it was decent, but think the biggest improvement would be if they would break away from the special commercials if something happened on the track. Also I guess that the cable channels had regular commercials, but on E* I found it very annoying that every single commercial when they went to the full ones were for crappy TNT shows.

I was in a hotel over the weekend so I didn't get to watch it in HD, but couldn't stand the format on the SD tv at the hotel.

I agree, the PQ was MUCH better than the first week that TNT had NASCAR. Too bad that they couldn't have had it at that quality the whole time they had it. I'm very excited about the move to ESPN on ABC. The BUSCH races have looked very good to me. I'm not super excited about the announcing, but it isn't terrible.

I thought it was decent, but think the biggest improvement would be if they would break away from the special commercials if something happened on the track. Also I guess that the cable channels had regular commercials, but on E* I found it very annoying that every single commercial when they went to the full ones were for crappy TNT shows.

The 3-4 breaks are mandatory local breaks. These must be done by contract. I agree I was tired of seeing TNT promos during these breaks but I went to bed before the race was over and guess what...only TNTHD had nonstop promos during those breaks. Dish did cover spots on the TNTSD (DISH PPV and other cover ads). I was a little surprised when I heard TNT promos in the living room and Dish PPV ads in the bedroom at the same time. The ad buy must have only been for SD channels or something.

I actually liked the inset "network" ads. Yes, they were longer, but it was usually one sponsor and the ads didn't suck like so many of them do now. Some were entertaining and funny...something that's difficult to do in 30 seconds. The ads weren't saddled by time constraints so they were more engaging and held my attention. It was better than WE'RE-DEALIN'-LOW -PRICES-0%-FINANCING-BUY-OUR-CRAP-COME-DOWN-TODAY. The ads that I wasn't interested in, after a few seconds I just watched the race and blocked out the sound. If I had DVR'd the race I probably would have skipped the inset ads also, but it was a shift back to the days of limited interruption where "This portion sponsored by whoever." Anything has to be better than the 30 second drivel they run these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)