NASCAR on TNT HD Stinks up the Joing

I just keep telling myself 4 more races.... I hope that ABC/ESPN do a decent job.

ABC/ESPN do a good job on the Bush races. The announcers are not that good but the picture is nice. Sometimes I wish the ticker was not on the screen, but I will take it over TNT.

ABC/ESPN do a good job on the Bush races. The announcers are not that good but the picture is nice. Sometimes I wish the ticker was not on the screen, but I will take it over TNT.

The picture is fine but I wish Rusty Wallace would just go away, he's a poor announcer and I'm sick of all the focus on his kid. :mad:

NightRyder

I phoned Turner Broadcasting and spoke to their programming department. They told me they did not see any problem with the picture when they sent it out and had not had any complaints about the picture quality.

Next step is to email dishquality@echostar.com and see if they noticed any picture quality problems with NASCAR on TNT Sunday.

If you need the Turner phone number PM me.

I phoned Turner Broadcasting and spoke to their programming department. They told me they did not see any problem with the picture when they sent it out and had not had any complaints about the picture quality.

Next step is to email dishquality@echostar.com and see if they noticed any picture quality problems with NASCAR on TNT Sunday.

If you need the Turner phone number PM me.

That's a lie. I emailed them as did others.

I e-mailed them my self Sunday afternoon, and I told the lady I spoke to exactly that.

Do we know if DirecTV and cable users had similar problems?

Can we rule out a DishNetwork fau paux (screw-up for those of you in Rio Linda)?

I just checked the DirecTV forum and they were having the same complaint with the same symptoms that we saw.

I e-mailed them my self Sunday afternoon, and I told the lady I spoke to exactly that.

Do we know if DirecTV and cable users had similar problems?

Can we rule out a DishNetwork fau paux (screw-up for those of you in Rio Linda)?

I just checked the DirecTV forum and they were having the same complaint with the same symptoms that we saw.

Yep there was the same problem on D*. I also talked to a buddy that has Comcast in Knoxville, TN and they had the same problem.

It was pitiful on the local cable's SD channel as well according to my Dad. (they dont carry the HD channel)

Just got a reply from DishQuality.

They said they had "generated a discrepancy ticket" with TNT about the quality of the feed they received last Sunday. the Tech ops center will be monitoring TNT and they are going to record the next race and are working with engineering to fix the problem.

Well, let's hope that gets us somewhere. I called TNT today. Like talking to a wall. I told them that I was hearing the same report from all types of providers, but they still try to say it's not them.

Best I could get was that my report would be noted. In other words, it's as if I never called.:mad:

Time to start complaining to NASCAR.....

:haha Good Luck...they are too busy filing $100 Million lawsuits against AT&T than to worry about some little thing like the race broadcasts.

Of course...this would give them the opportunity to sue TNT, so they might be interested at that!

How is TNT gonna pull this off? They can't even send out a decent picture.

NASCAR ON TNT Summer Series

Kyle Petty to announce from his car

TNT will enhance its broadcast at the Toyota/Save Mart 350 in Sonoma, Calif. on June 24 with TNT analyst Kyle Petty climbing back in his No. 45 Dodge to compete in the Cup Series race and provide first-hand race commentary from behind the wheel. Petty will contribute to TNT's coverage with Bill Weber and Wally Dallenbach in the announcers booth throughout the race, giving viewers insight directly from the racetrack.

Follow all the NASCAR Drama this summer on TNT. Get the "Inside Angle" with weekly Pit box breakdowns, guided track tours and more. Catch the drama online with NASCAR.COM's exclusive LIVE streaming Pit Camera and see how the race unfolds from the inside.

TNT should be ashamed to even claim yesterday's race was broadcast in HD. I wish I would have turned to the SD channel to see how it looked. I wouldn't have been surprised to see it actually looked better. Even if it was stretched SD.

Did anyone check it out?

SD was a little bit better this week than last, but still plain awful to watch. I think NASCAR.com streams the races on TNT so I may do a compairson between SD and internet come sunday.

I feel much better as I thought some thing was wrong my 622. I watched the race after I got home about 7. The macro-blocking/pixelation was so bad that I only watched about 20min. between fast forward and skipping also the lip sync was the worst I'v seen on TNT which is always bad. Motion blur or object trail was bad too. Oh well just a few more on TNT. Did anyone catch the F-1 race on Fox? now thats the way to do a race, in car cameras HD as well as great coverage.

get ready for HD in-cars on ESPN when they start covering cup. they already do that on their busch races, and it even makes the SD images look 100% better.

I did not watch the F-1 race from indy, won't watch them after what happened with the tires in 05 with only starting 6 cars.

How is TNT gonna pull this off? They can't even send out a decent picture.

Kyle Petty to announce from his car

TNT will enhance its broadcast at the Toyota/Save Mart 350 in Sonoma, Calif. on June 24 with TNT analyst Kyle Petty climbing back in his No. 45 Dodge to compete in the Cup Series race and provide first-hand race commentary from behind the wheel. Petty will contribute to TNT's coverage with Bill Weber and Wally Dallenbach in the announcers booth throughout the race, giving viewers insight directly from the racetrack.

Follow all the NASCAR Drama this summer on TNT. Get the "Inside Angle" with weekly Pit box breakdowns, guided track tours and more. Catch the drama online with NASCAR.COM's exclusive LIVE streaming Pit Camera and see how the race unfolds from the inside.

They've had conversations from inside the car for years now. ESPN does this with every Busch race, talking to the driver during cautions, and before the race.

Wally did that a few years ago for the 3 laps he was in the busch race before he wrecked out....

I watched the replay on HD-Net last night. The lip-sync problem was gone. Commercials a 3 minutes were gone. I still saw some PQ problems I think. I didn't see none of the red blurring, but did see some graininess.

Again this is on a 37" LCD so I don't see as many of the problems as the bigger sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts