Nashville locals question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwhite6069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Cave City, Ky
I live in the crappy Bowling Green Ky(directv does not carry locals in the market) market. I live about 25 miles from the most northern county in the Nashville market. My aunt lives in the Nashville. If i called directv and told them I moved to my aunt's address in Nashville and I had already set my equipment up myself could I get the Nashville locals then? Would I get enough signal to view the Nashville locals?

thanks
Josh

I live in the crappy Bowling Green Ky(directv does not carry locals in the market) market. I live about 25 miles from the most northern county in the Nashville market. My aunt lives in the Nashville. If i called directv and told them I moved to my aunt's address in Nashville and I had already set my equipment up myself could I get the Nashville locals then? Would I get enough signal to view the Nashville locals?

thanks
Josh

You would most likely be close enough to get locals there, but it is against the terms of service in the Directv contract. Just so you know. BTW, it isn't illegal, just against the tos in your contract.

You should be within spot beam reach and it will work! You can keep your billing address the same too (your current real address). Just remember if you ever need a service call from DirecTV, you first to need to "MOVE" back to your real location. Then "MOVE" back to Nashville after the service call!

you'll definitely get the Nashville locals, I've got a box set up at a vacation home about 90 miles away and it works like a charm

possibly. I've been able to get them all the way down in North Mississippi. There's a website out there that estimates the coverage area of the spot beams. Don't still have it but found through Google.

the only thing is if they screw up on your service call and use the nashville addy. you will have to reschedule for another day. we only have 2 guys that run bowling green

The nashville beams still working at 89% here in Cave City Kentucky. I would guess the Nashville beams would probably still be usable all the way to Elizabethtown, Ky,

you should get the nashville channels in BG. I went to Western and the apt i lived at we had DTV and we got Nashville Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts